You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Writing Credits/Listing of Musicians on each track

Sky Dog wrote:

With the number of people that have come and gone through the project, do you think Axl will give a detailed list of who plays what on each track? Will he just do like Trent on the Slip and say performances by blah by blah in a general statement but you really don't know the exact tracks each played on and the exact parts/instruments? Since they are contracted employees, will they get writing credits?

Personally, I think we will get specific writing credits (ie Rose/Finck/Reed), but I don't think Axl will give the details of who exactly played what on each track.:/  Although the hard core fans will really want it, I think it may be smarter to leave out the details due to the sheer volume of people involved and the perception of that to the general public..

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The album will likely have a UYI style booklet crediting each person under each track. If anything, it will be done simply for legal purposes.

I have a feeling the list of musicians that will actually be on the record will be smaller than most anticipate.

It will probably be the 2001 lineup with Fortus, BBF, and Frank on specific songs. Also the guest musicians(that harp chick,etc.) and various composers.

All the 90s shit has probably been scrapped. However, we know Freese came up with the track CD, so he will most certainly get at least one credit.

Sky Dog wrote:

James, key point is that they don't own what they play. Axl (and possibly Geffen) owns that. So, legally, there will be no requirement to list who plays on each track. However, the writing credits for the ideas and songs they created clearly could cause legal issues if they don't get a credit where they think they should.

James

James wrote:

I still think the musicians will get credited on each track. To not do so could taint the legacy of the record. All fans, critics,etc. will want to know who plays what on each song, regardless of who owns the material.

Regardless of how many copies this album sells, it will probably be the most reviewed album in history.

Credits will be given.

Sky Dog wrote:

I hope you are right because I want to know every detail. But, you saw how he handled that issue on the Live record. Axl is a spiteful guy and who knows what the hell he will do.:nervous: The whole band may end up being 'additional musicians' except for Ax, Reed, and Pitman!:haha:

James

James wrote:

True, but Axl is a smart guy.He knows Live Era was a huge turnoff to not only casual but hardcore fans. The whole thing is a clusterfuck besides just the credits, and never should have been released.

Surely he has learned from that mistake.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i bet we see a similar format to the illusions...

Axl will get a credit on every song (for lyrics), and whoever came to the table with a particular track will get a credit...then under the lyrics there will be a list of who played what instrument on each track...some tracks may have alot of musicians on the recording... hmm

Drums: Brain, Freese, Frank
Keyboards: Axl, Dizzy, Pitman
Bass: Tommy
Guitars: Huge, Fortus, Bucket, Bumble, Finck, Axl
Vocals: Axl

then guests: Baz, Shaq, Brian May, Patti Hood, Marco Beltrami, Paul Buckmaster

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

True, but Axl is a smart guy.He knows Live Era was a huge turnoff to not only casual but hardcore fans. The whole thing is a clusterfuck besides just the credits, and never should have been released.

How many mistakes has Axl made that we would assume he's learned from and it doesn't seem that he has though?

I, not too long ago, made the joke to some friends that I wonder if they even know for sure who does what on what track at this point. 

In all seriousness I would expect a Use Your Illusion style booklet like has been said, but you never know what could be up people's sleeves at this point.

James

James wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

How many mistakes has Axl made that we would assume he's learned from and it doesn't seem that he has though?

I, not too long ago, made the joke to some friends that I wonder if they even know for sure who does what on what track at this point. 

In all seriousness I would expect a Use Your Illusion style booklet like has been said, but you never know what could be up people's sleeves at this point.

The main difference between that mistake and all other mistakes is that it was an actual album release, and had pretty decent promo at the time. Live Era even had videos on MTV for gods sake(old footage of course).

I was pissed the moment I saw the album. Recorded across the universe? Are you fucking serious? More like Tokyo 92 repackaged with a few extra performances and added vocals.

The album quickly tanked. Not due to lack of interest(GNR fans always wanted a killer live album), but due to the shit quality of the project.

The cherry on top of that clusterfuck is you had new GNR using a snippet of a newly recorded SCOM on Big Daddy and of course Oh My God and the first mention of CD.

Talk about a band having a major identity crisis....

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

Axl knows hes made mistakes...from IRS

It wouldn't be the first time I'd been wrong
It wouldn't be the last, I should have known
Through all the rumors I can tell,
Some things didn't work so well

Board footer