You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: finally a decent straight forward comment regarding CD

Sky Dog wrote:

Neemo, I think you have been slightly misinterpreting Merck's words as well ....here is his quote about the negotiations.

"The record company refused to conclude the renegotiation until we were READY to hand over the FINISHED album and refused to prepare a marketing campaign or commission video treatments until they had it in their hands. This is still their position as of this week."

Two parts to the equation....album is finished and ready to be handed over, thus they are negotiating. Matches up with what Beta and Mysteron said. Now, the second part is after the renogotiation they will work on marketing, video etc. Translation...Axl hasn't given them the record.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
madagas wrote:

Neemo, I think you have been slightly misinterpreting Merck's words as well ....here is his quote about the negotiations.

"The record company refused to conclude the renegotiation until we were READY to hand over the FINISHED album and refused to prepare a marketing campaign or commission video treatments until they had it in their hands. This is still their position as of this week."

Two parts to the equation....album is finished and ready to be handed over, thus they are negotiating. Matches up with what Beta and Mysteron said. Now, the second part is after the renogotiation they will work on marketing, video etc. Translation...Axl hasn't given them the record.

And I think this is the scary thought.  Axl has shown them the finished product and the record company have said they are happy with it.  Now there are ongoing negotiations most likely about money and potential marketing which is causing a stalemant.  Until this is resolved Axl won't physically hand over the masters coz once he does everything is out of his control. 

This stalemate could stretch on for months/years.  Plus I would assume there is nothing to stop Axl changing him mind during this time and going back into the studio to rework/rec-record things as he likes to do.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

it can be read 2 ways...."once you are ready to hand it in then we'll talk" meaning they arent interested in negotiating until its handed in...or there is also the way you are interpreting it...but yeah its entirely possible that i'm misinterpreting

but I've heard that the label hasnt heard from the GnR camp in months...which could be totally changed now as its been a few weeks since i was told that

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:

I get the impression its deja vu all over again!  I refuse to get excited until the label says something at the very least.  Surely the negotiations wouldn't take months?

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

It's time to accept that album will never come out. GN'R will never be kings of rock, or even kings of 80s throwback rock.

Unless it leaks, we won't hear it.

Sky Dog wrote:

Aussie, I agree with your post. Negotiations could go on a very long time if one side doesn't give. 18 Also, if Axl hasn't given them the masters, then he still has the power to change shit up....the scariest thought of all.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:

It's time to accept that album will never come out. GN'R will never be kings of rock, or even kings of 80s throwback rock.

I pretty much agree with this sentiment.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
russtcb wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I pretty much agree with this sentiment.

Somewhere around early 07, I finally came to realize this.

Not to go down a negative route, but I pretty much always assumed the record would never be released. He basically says it in the title track(which some still think is about China 18 ).

Once everything that happened in 06 didn't lead to a release, I knew we would never get an official album release.

The fanbase as a collective should have realized it wasn't coming out when Buckethead bailed in 2004. When the most talented musician in the band leaves after four years of sporadic recording, the writing was pretty much on the wall.

Everyone knows it will eventually leak in some form(somehow), and that plays a role in keeping fans sticking around.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Deductive reasoning 101 guys:

The album must make money or the album will not be released.

The album can't make money in today's market due to the amount spent on making it.

Therefore the album won't be released.

Pray for leaks or hope for a reunion.

Board footer