You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: finally a decent straight forward comment regarding CD

monkeychow wrote:

As much as it looks like it will never happen.

In 2004 the massive media appearences in 2006 and tour looked like they wouldn't happen. Things can change overnight almost.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

The title of this thread had me expecting a new Axl letter posted inside or ... something. I could really give a shit what Mysteron has to say, who he really is, or where he comes from. Why don't I just tell you the album's finished and then people can quote me on other forums? "The mysterious 'von,' with his alleged ties to the GN'R camp and general vagueness, stated that the album is in fact finished." I speak that into existence. Carry on.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
von wrote:

The title of this thread had me expecting a new Axl letter posted inside or ... something. I could really give a shit what Mysteron has to say, who he really is, or where he comes from. Why don't I just tell you the album's finished and then people can quote me on other forums? "The mysterious 'von,' with his alleged ties to the GN'R camp and general vagueness, stated that the album is in fact finished." I speak that into existence. Carry on.

Hahahaha

So true man. Unless it's coming from the mouth of W. Axl Rose (which even then isn't a guarantee), I don't believe anything from anyone on the net.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah its true...i was kinda hoping there wasa comment from GNR or the Label with a progress report too.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

They say the album is finished. Jarmo states it again and again. He can't say such a thing unless someone pushed him/told him to say it. "The album is done". Just because the album is done doesn't mean it's anywhere close to coming out. It's a little trick they play to buy time with the fans and keep some form of hype going. A friend of mine just sent me a finished product of his bands material, this stuff won't be out until September. And this is a pretty straight forward band and label. Just what does that tell you regarding the finished product of Chinese Democracy?

I have no doubt it is finished. In fact it might have been finished for the past one and a half year. It can indeed have been finished ever since GNR did their Japan gigs. In reality it doesn't mean shit. Jarmo is speaking against what he constantly nags on about. "When it is ready you will hear it, when there is news they will give you news". Well he just broke his rule and keeps saying the album is finished and I'm sorry but no official sources except for Beta (who I clearly do not count as an official source but rather a person who maybe said a bit too much in an interview) have said ANYTHING at all about this album.

So while Jarmo cracks down on any hints or rumours regarding this release, he spreads his own with absolutely no source to show for. I'm not saying he doesn't have it though. I'm sure he was told by Del James or Dizzy or whatever that the album is finished.

But in our world it doesn't mean a thing. People still fall for it though. I've heard from reliable sources for years it's done or close to being done. I'm not buying anything of those rumours until the label sets a release date. They are the ones releasing it. Jarmo have told us for years the same thing. He just breaks his own "rules" because inside people told him. Doesn't mean shit.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

sorry for the poorly worded thread title hmm

Neemo wrote:

i was just referring to the part where he said the album was finsihed...where he said they were still negotiating and where he said it was probably about money

we all suspected it but i dont think anyone ever actually came out and said it before... 22

he just confirmed what a few of us had already guessed at and it wasnt in some cryptic sort of fashion..mysteron must be sick or soemthing 16

I have always took what Mysteron has to say with a grain of salt.   Seems like Negotiations have been going on all year, haven't we been hearing this since early 08.   Let's face it, downloading is a problem but it hasn't stopped other artists from releasing, granted the amount of money spent on this album is great and the record co wants payback and Axl also wants profit.   I tend to agree with Slinger, I don't think that can happen, 13mil owed to the record co and profit for Axl, umm you do the math, I am not sure that goal can be achieved.

We are still gonna be waiting a long time if ever.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

The record label can't be going into this thinking how to recoup 13 mill because it won't happen not off one album. They will have known this for a long time, what they have to think is will the album make more money than the cost of releasing it. If it doesn't then they wouldn't release it if it will then it's worthwhile because any kind of return is better than nothing. Whilst it won't come close to making 13 mill if it can eat into that figure after cost of sales and promotion etc then from the labels point of view it's surely worth releasing.

In the current climate no album will make 13 mill from sales, as we know touring is the big earner for artists these days. I wonder if the labels trying to get in on some of the revenue for future GNR tours? I don't know much about this stuff but do labels already take a cut of artisits touring revenue or is it usually a seperate thing?

Sky Dog wrote:

They are starting to do that...it is called a 360 deal. Jay Z and Madonna just signed one with Live Nation. You get an album contract, tour promotion, merchandising....all in one shot. Label gets a piece of everything. If I am Axl and Geffen won't give, I shop all the material elsewhere and try to get a 360 deal. The advance money you get from your new deal will be used to settle the score with Geffen (Jay Z got 25 million). Of course, anybody who signs Axl to that kind of deal will want assurances that a reunion will eventually happen.

Board footer