You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The Official Leaks Guide

James wrote:

I remember back when the 07 leaks happened, there were people saying they are just "demos".

There was orchestra on The Blues and Madagascar.

Demos my ass.

That was shit from the vault ready for the launch pad at some point.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

"Unknown Song"                        Razz                         May 2006                         1999-2006

What's this?

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Saikin wrote:

"Unknown Song"                        Razz                         May 2006                         1999-2006

What's this?

It is supposed to be Checkmate - it's not the full song just a short clip of it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
war wrote:

IMO the final version of IRS will be a strong track and it gets more positive feedback on youtube then a lot of the other leaks that are more finished.

I think IRS is a strong track. In fact i think all the leaks make for a good album when put together smile9

I just question that if there are 3 albums worth of tracks. Why is it always the same 5 songs in various forms that seem to make it out to the public.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I remember back when the 07 leaks happened, there were people saying they are just "demos".

There was orchestra on The Blues and Madagascar.

Demos my ass.

That was shit from the vault ready for the launch pad at some point.

DEMMMMMMOOOOOOOSSSSSS! Lol. I'll say it until the end of time.

They may have had the orchestra but that doesnt mean it was mixed properly or that every guitar piece was loud enough, etc.

Lol. But I guess it doesnt matter either way now...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

mixing wont really change it that much though...it'll just bring some aspects forward and push others back...they lyrics for all the different versions of the songs are pretty much the same take as far as i can tell

i dunno when i think demo i think of some of the UYI tracks,,,or the NR demos...stuff like that...the leaked songs are nearly finished IMO

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

The thing I always wonder about, is that we've been lead to believe that Robin-Tommy and the old guys in the band did a lot of recording from which Axl picked things he liked. I think in some interviews, although I can't source this, someone talked a lot about working on things like Instrumental 85 and stuff like that because Axl hadn't worked with them yet. If that's all true... why did Axl pick IRS out of the hundred or so instrumental ideas? Don't you think the guys in the band (minus Fortus and Frank) know that it's not that good, and question why they have to play it all the time?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Communist China wrote:

thatwhy did Axl pick IRS out of the hundred or so instrmental ideas? Don't you think the guys in the band (minus Fortus and Frank) know that it's not that good, and question why they have to play it all the time?

i dunno i think its a pretty cool track, and why do you say that the guys in the band think its not a good song?

but i dont think there is like 85 or more full instrumental songs...more likely a couple hundred clips of 30 seconds or so of a solo or riff or chord progression, if anythign struck Axl as cool then he would have them elaborate more...or he took a few peices here and a few there and tried to string them together in the same song...thats why i always thought the bipolar rock term that someone coined when better first leaked was appropriate

at least thats what i think anyway 22

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

IRS is good...except when people ask too much of it.

Like I love the songs...but when you come down to it lots of great GNR songs are quite simple at heart...yesterdays...don't cry...patience....because of the whole groups talent they've made a simple musical idea great...

If you want a cure for cancer IRS isn't it. But it could be a decent rock song in the calibre of the old gnr tracks.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

monkeychow wrote:

IRS is good...except when people ask too much of it.

Like ask that it be one of the best 12-16 tracks recorded by an all-star line-up over a 10 year period? Is that too much?

I'm just saying, if IRS is among the better half of CD, then it won't be a very good record.

Board footer