You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

Re: AFD on this week's Billboard Top 200...

BurningHills wrote:

For the week ending May 24th:

96 GUNS N'ROSES APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION 2.477 -0,3% 2.484 4.781.196

EDIT: This is for the Billboard CATALOG 200 - sorry for any confusion.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Wow. yikes

An old album hitting the top 200 is very unusual.

I'm sure management is watching that development very carefully.

Looks like all the reunion talk and lack of anything CD related has boosted AFD back on the charts.

The album hitting the top 100 is insane. If anything newsworthy happened this week(it wont), AFD could literally hit the number one spot.

An album number one in 1988 regaining the top spot 20 years later??

Under the right conditions, it could happen.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Wow. yikes

Looks like all the reunion talk and lack of anything CD related has boosted AFD back on the charts.

The album hitting the top 100 is insane. If anything newsworthy happened this week(it wont), AFD could literally hit the number one spot.

No shit. That's fucked. cracking the top 200 is one thing but to make the top 100 is even crazier.  Imagine if they rereleased a song like It's So Easy or Nightrain as a single and all the little young kids got to hear one of those songs instead of the standard three. I bet it could boost album sales in a  big way. I often wonder what young kids think when a "rareity" like YCBM or Yesterays or Dead Horse or Brownstone come on the radio.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Wow. yikes

No shit. That's fucked. cracking the top 200 is one thing but to make the top 100 is even crazier.  Imagine if they rereleased a song like It's So Easy or Nightrain as a single and all the little young kids got to hear one of those songs instead of the standard three. I bet it could boost album sales in a  big way. I often wonder what young kids think when a "rareity" like YCBM or Yesterays or Dead Horse or Brownstone come on the radio.

YCBM isn't much of a rarity as it gets some airplay on music TV channels. But the other ones you mentioned basically hardly anyone in my age group knows of them.

James

James wrote:
Bono wrote:

Imagine if they rereleased a song like It's So Easy or Nightrain as a single and all the little young kids got to hear one of those songs instead of the standard three.

Don't give them any ideas.

We'll be wallowing in AFD rehash with the album back in the top 10.

I know Axl loves the past, but thats taking things a bit too far.:haha:

James

James wrote:

Its insane how all these years later, its still the old lineup that profits from everything GNR related. Axl and the GNR camp are so obsessed with Slash that they practically force money into his bank account.

James

James wrote:
BurningHills wrote:

EDIT: This is for the Billboard CATALOG 200 - sorry for any confusion.

Then this chart position doesn't mean shit. In fact, I would consider AFD at that position on the catalog chart to be pretty weak.

Oh well. This thread was interesting for about 5 minutes.:laugh:

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axl S wrote:

YCBM isn't much of a rarity as it gets some airplay on music TV channels. But the other ones you mentioned basically hardly anyone in my age group knows of them.

YCBM is a rareity here for sure. The video NEVER gets on Much Music it's once in a  blue moon you hear it on radio. Yesterdays in fact gets a decent amount of air on the radio here but it's always at like 3:00am when I hear it. I don't think I've ever heard  it durring peak hours.  All those Illusion songs had lots of play back in the day but once their time was up mainstream radio fell back to the big three from AFD. At least here that's how it went.

James

James wrote:
Bono wrote:

All those Illusion songs had lots of play back in the day but once their time was up mainstream radio fell back to the big three from AFD. At least here that's how it went.

Yeah, UYI dropped off the worlds radar very quickly.

On most best 90's albums lists, it never even makes it.

AFD will always be GNR's bread and butter.

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Bono wrote:

All those Illusion songs had lots of play back in the day but once their time was up mainstream radio fell back to the big three from AFD. At least here that's how it went.

Yeah, UYI dropped off the worlds radar very quickly.

On most best 90's albums lists, it never even makes it.

AFD will always be GNR's bread and butter.

UYIs are vastly underrated.

Board footer