You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Rock Star Supernova to reunite

James wrote:

ROCK STAR SUPERNOVA, the band featuring MÖTLEY CRÜE drummer Tommy Lee, guitarist Gilby Clarke (ex-GUNS N' ROSES), vocalist Lukas Rossi and bassist Johnny Colt (BLACK CROWES, TRAIN), will reunite for a May 28 performance at The Greek Theatre in Los Angeles at a benefit concert for the reforestation of Griffith Park, which was devastated by recent wildfires. This event will be filmed for a televised broadcast. Also scheduled to perform are SWITCHFOOT, TRAIN with THE DOORS guitarist Robby Krieger, BLUE MAN GROUP with special guest Ziggy Marley, members of VELVET REVOLVER with ZZ TOP's Billy Gibbons, BOWLING FOR SOUP with TWISTED SISTER's Dee Snider and more.

As previously reported, Tommy Lee and hip hop superstar Chris "Ludacris" Bridges star in "Battleground Earth", a reality competition that features the duo battling against the toxic forces destroying mother earth as they travel across the country on a 10-episode tour. The series premieres in August 2008.

James

James wrote:

Nobody cared about this when it first happened, so why do they think people are gonna care now?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

cool maybe slash will join them on stage 21

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James

James wrote:
russtcb wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Nobody cared about this when it first happened, so why do they think people are gonna care now?

Yeah really. How strange. Maybe it's a contract thing?

If memory serves me correctly, their tour a couple years ago was canceled due to lack of interest. I highly doubt the band still had contract obligations, but I guess anything is possible.

I never watched the show(I don't watch any reality or talent shows), but I remember it had decent ratings but the album flopped and then the tour went bust.

I still don't get why they thought the project would be taken seriously. The only people who probably watched it were those hooked on similar shows. Once it came time for Joe Public to open his wallet, everyone stopped caring.

The $100+ per ticket cost on that tour was also a joke.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I'm kinda wishing I went along to see their Australian shows when they toured here, just so I could've gotten to see Gilby Clarke play. Always thought he was a pretty good player.
Jason Newsted was replaced and I'd seen Tommy in Motley Crue already, so paying $100 for tickets to see them was a bit much.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

YEah same deal for me. I wanted to go see Gilby...but I was broke at the time and it was a stretch given it wasn't even the full band. Also - i hadn't been able to watch the show cos i didnt have cable...so i'd bought the cd blind...and didnt really care too much for much of it...I think a couple of songs were ok..but iguess with the line-up i'd got my hopes out of proportion.

The show was great but I was very disappointed when I started hearing the Supernova songs, they just sucked.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

The show was great but I was very disappointed when I started hearing the Supernova songs, they just sucked.

Yeah, I bought the album because I dig Gilby and Newstead's songwriting.  I got it, listened, and was disappointed. 

If memory serves, the producer had most of the songwriting credits, followed by Tommy Lee.  I know Gilby had a couple(which if you're a Gilby fan are fairly obvious which ones they are when you listen), and I don't think Newstead had any.

Board footer