You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: Bush plans Iran strike by August

Gunslinger wrote:

If this were true Obama and Clinton would have a field day and do everything within their powers to expose it.  Don't hold your breath or worry too much.  Bush has made some fuckups but I'll be honest with everyone whether it is popular or not...it is not entirely his fault that has led us to this point.  Remember him BEGGING for us to do some oil drilling off of the Alaskan shore? This was pre-911 and before gas was even two dollars a gallon.  Tree-huggers wouldn't hear of it and so nothing happened.  Don't get me wrong there are several things that could have been handled differently (first and foremost I think we should not have to pay for the war at the least their should be compensation via oil) and he is by far not my favorite president but using him as a scapegoat for every problem under the sun is pointless.

Flame away, lol

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

We have already proved our inability to win wars. Afghanistan is now a major Taliban strongpoint, despite how we cleaned it up in Bush's first term, and Iraq has been a clusterfuck with no end in sight. To put war in Iran would be stretching us even thinner, hurting us economically even more, and bringing us closer to a draft.

There are things more important than Iran, and one of them, I believe, is the protection of the Constitution at home. It has been eroding since the war on terror began and will only get worse with more war. If the Republicans were able to bring articles of Impeachment against Clinton, the Dems should've been able to do the same against Bush for abuse of power. Even though Bush wouldn't have been convicted, it could've showed a little backbone at least.

The War Powers Act is a beautiful piece of legislation. Too bad Congress doesn't have the balls to enforce it.

Neemo, if there is one thing I have faith in the American people for, it is that they will not allow a president to dismiss general elections and remain a third term, unelected. (In general I'd like an amendment making the presidency a 6 year, one term, thing - Bush, Clinton, Reagan all would've benefitted from this).

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I disgaree CC.  Afghanistan is a decisive victory for the US.  We did what the Soviets couldn't.  Unfortunately, our focus has been diverted to Iraq.  Again, it's not as if we couldn't totally annihilaite our enemies in either country.  We could totally remove all elements in Iraq and Afghanistan if we were willing to use all of our abilities.  This means untying the hands of our soldiers and letting them fight the war in the same manner we fought WWII. 

Iran is not an impossible victory. In fact, I believe we could easily nullify most of Iran's military in less than 72 hours.  However, the inevitable ground war and media circus that would follow would inevitably result in the same stalemate as we now observe in Iraq.  Mark my words, the US will ultimatley win in Iraq, but it is going to be a slow and methodical process.  If Bush wanted instant approval ratings, he could take control of the Iraqi oil fields and divert all oil to the US.  The Iraqis would profit from their oil, but the US and maybe even Britain would be the sole consumers.  Gasoline would immeditatley drop below 2$ again and you'd see Saudi, Iran, and Venezuela quickly follow suit as they'd lose their leverage with the US and fear India and China's reprisal for such blatant price gouging.

Canada, France and Germany can all pay outrageous gas prices to the middle east and claim moral superiority.  No offense to Neemo or any other fellows from the North, but I am so damn tired of listening to Candadians and liberal Americans alike gloat about how great Canada is and how much more wonderful they have it.  Canada is like the spolied teenager that has everything provided for them by their hard-working father, but shows no sense of appreciation.  Canada enjoys its culture, freedom and security almost entirely to the US.  The US should start bussing Mexicans into Canada and instate high tarriffs.  Then we'd see how good things are.

The world is a better and safer place becuase of the US.  If some people want to live in Fantasia and dream about a middle east that isn't hellbent on destroying the west, then go for it.  I'm not defending all the polices of the Bush administration, but military and political action needs to take place there.  I'm tired of American men dying while the rest of the world protests and receives the benefits.  No nation that did not send Soldiers to Iraq should ever receive one drop of its oil. 

I know I've gotten off topic here, but this is all the underlying theme.  The US goes to bat and saves the day, while the rest of the world looks down at us and plays monday morning quarterback.  Americans want to blame bush for the War, while Congress has fought him tooth and nail on every measure.  Part of me wishes Obama would get elected so when WW3 starts while he sips tea with the leader of Iran I can say I told you so while I go play Rambo in the rockies.  But the surviors would simply blame Bush and build a monument to Obama.  The US will eventually win in Afghanistan and Iraq, but it won't be thanks to the likes of Obama or Clinton, but true patriots like McCain and General Petraeus.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

WHAT PERCENTAGE OF GAS COMPANIES IS US OWNED? WHY ARE THE STATES IN IRAQ...NO DOUBT ITS FOR THE OIL FEILDS

DO GO GIVE ME THIS BULLSHIT THAT ITS CUZ OF TERROISTS THAT THE OIL IS SO HIGH AND GEORGE BUSH HAS THE ARMY IN IRAQ FOR THAT REASON...

ITS GREEDY INVESTORS PUSHING UP THE COSTS CUZ EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE STOCK MARKET IS PLUMMETING DUE TO THE WEAK US DOLLAR THAT IS CAUSED BY THE MASSIVE SPENDING GEORGE HAS DONE BY INVADING IRAQ IN THE FIRST PLACE

TALK ABOUT BEING BLIND AND GULLIBLE roll

AND WHEN YOU GUYS START PLAYING $4.92 PER GALLON GIVE ME A CALL THEN WE CAN SEE WHO IS WHINING

CANADA IS BUSY IN AFGHANISTAN CLEANING UP YOUR FUCKING MESS THAT THE STATES GOT BORED OF AND HAD TO FLUTTER OFF TO IRAQ TO INVADE THERE..NOW WHO WILL TAKE OVER THE IRAQ DUTIES WHEN GEORGE DECIDES TO INVADE IRAN?

Randall Flagg wrote:

I'm tired of American men dying while the rest of the world protests and receives the benefits.  No nation that did not send Soldiers to Iraq should ever receive one drop of its oil.

THE DEATH TOLL IN AFGHANISTAN FOR CANADIAN FORECES OF APROX 15,000 SOLDIERS 88 HAVE DIED

FOR THE US IN IRAQ OF ABOUT 168,000 SOLDIERS ABOUT 4000 HAVE DIED

IT AINT A FUCKING RACE HERE .... AND CANDA'S ARMY ISNT NEARLY AS BIG AS YOURS, AND HOW MANY DEATHS HAVE THE IRAQI'S SUFFERED? HOW MANY INNOCENTS? AND AGAIN FOR WHAT....THIS WAR IS SO FUCKIGN STUPID....

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

the only reason why the us in in iraq IMO is cuz georgy wanted to be a gool ol texas cowboy...

the states has no business in iraq, they havent since kuwait

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Afghanistan is a decisive victory for the US

Cmon now. I know you don't believe that. Sure, we stomped their asses in the first couple months, but once Bush's Iraq hard on could no longer stay in his pants, it was ignored for years. We only have a handful of troops in Afghanistan.

We are really lucky that no one is fighting a proxy war there.

We did what the Soviets couldn't.

Yeah I know. We caused opium production to reach a world record. Soviets couldn't even dream of such success.

As you know, you cant really compare the Soviet conflict to what happened in Afghanistan post 911. The Soviet-Afghan war was pretty much their Vietnam.

Neemo, the deaths of Iraqis isn't much of an issue. Its collateral damage. Innocent people die in all conflicts. When the Iraq war first started, so many people died in that first wave of air strikes that no one will know the exact number.

Bush shouldn't be blamed for that.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Neemo, the deaths of Iraqis isn't much of an issue. Its collateral damage. Innocent people die in all conflicts. When the Iraq war first started, so many people died in that first wave of air strikes that no one will know the exact number.

Bush shouldn't be blamed for that.

it isnt much of an issue? over half a million people have died over there...i'd say its a pretty big issue

A team of American and Iraqi epidemiologists estimates that 655,000 more people have died in Iraq since coalition forces arrived in March 2003 than would have died if the invasion had not occurred.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co … 01442.html

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

all this death cuz of sept 11.....where 2,752 people died....where is the fucking logic in that 17

James

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

it isnt much of an issue? over half a million people have died over there...i'd say its a pretty big issue

Collateral damage isn't an issue.

We slaughtered millions in World War II. I don't see any outcry over that, and half a million Iraqis is a mere bag of shells compared to all the Euro, Japanese, and African civilians killed in World War II.

Vietnam had a massive rate of civilian deaths as well. No outrage there.

When wars start, the main objective is bringing them to an end. You cant bomb the shit out of countries without innocent life being lost.

All our enemies over the years should realize this before pissing us off. The US has a LONG history of occupying the territory its in conflict with. Next time a dictator wants to thumb his nose at us, he better take that into consideration.

James

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

all this death cuz of sept 11.....where 2,752 people died....where is the fucking logic in that 17

If one american was killed in that, I would still advocate the complete annihilation of those responsible.

In the mid 80's, Libya financed a suicide bombing in a german nightclub, which resulted in a few americans being killed. Reagan didn't say, "Oh no, someone innocent might die. Lets ignore it". He bombed Ghadafi's mansions and killed a bunch of his family members, including children.

Ghadafi never even thought of doing any damage to the US afterwards.

It was worth it.

Board footer