You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Would the old band play the new songs?

-D- wrote:

Lets say there was a GNR reunion.

What would happen to Chinese Democracy?

would the old members actually want to PLAY those songs? Or would that basically be scrapped for an original album or just have Slash redo the solos etc?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

When the reunion happens, no one in the world is gonna care about Chinese Democracy. Specifically old fans and the casual fans which will make up the bulk of ticket buyers.

We'll get setlists pretty similar to 1991, and no one will be complaining.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

You'll hear Estranged and Don't Cry and Civil War and not one peep out of CD-era material. That would be a deal breaker for Slash and Duff I think.

Sky Dog wrote:

Well, I "think" that we are looking at a reunion within the next year or so. I never would have thought that 2 years ago and definitely not 7 years ago, but I "think" it is going to happen fairly soon. Azoff is there for cash. Robin is gone...it is obvious. He left for a reason, and it was right around the time of the new "management" announcement. Just me personally, but this album isn't coming this year.....and to eat some crow, I "think" Slash will be on the album by the time it is released. This is based on some purely speculative internet garbage.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Maybe some songs would pop up, but since BH's playing is very different from Slash's, there is not too much chance for the rockers, and as Slash doesn't like ballads, there isn't too much chance for the ballads 16 Anyway, there isn't too much chance neither for the reunion, nor for CD. 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i doubt it maybe one or 2 of them depending on the saels figures of CD

but i'd have to say no they would stick to similar setlists of the early 90's

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

If they did some VR songs like Slither would have to be thrown in.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axl S wrote:

If they did some VR songs like Slither would have to be thrown in.

I doubt we'd hear songs from either side.   I don't think Axl would sing any VR songs and for that reason, I doubt Slash would play any new GNR stuff.   It would be completely classic all the way through.   If it ever did happen, I sure hope they put alot more UYI songs in considering the recent tours have consisted of mostly all AFD.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:

Well, I "think" that we are looking at a reunion within the next year or so. I never would have thought that 2 years ago and definitely not 7 years ago, but I "think" it is going to happen fairly soon. Azoff is there for cash. Robin is gone...it is obvious. He left for a reason, and it was right around the time of the new "management" announcement. Just me personally, but this album isn't coming this year.....and to eat some crow, I "think" Slash will be on the album by the time it is released. This is based on some purely speculative internet garbage.

No need to eat crow. Just say you think Bono, the only guy who's flat out preached that Slash will be on CD for the last two years now will be right. tongue

As for Axl S's comment about a reunion Gn'R doing Slither... BRING IT ON! That would  fucking rock to hear Axl's vocals on that song.

Board footer