You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Re: Bassist Rob De Luca talks about CD

Abbey_Road wrote:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=98359

During a recent interview with Japan's Metal Moment podcast, bassist Rob De Luca (SEBASTIAN BACH, UFO, SPREAD EAGLE) had the following to say about the long-awaited GUNS N' ROSES album "Chinese Democracy":

"I have heard a lot of the record at the after-parties [during the GUNS N' ROSES/SEBASTIAN BACH tour] when it's just kind of private and Axl [Rose, GN'R singer] decides to play some stuff and it's great, it's absolutely great. I've heard a bunch of stuff Bumblefoot's [guitar] on, amazingly beautiful stuff and Frank [Ferrer], the drummer, has been put on some stuff, but I have no idea when it's gonna come out.

"I was a big fan of the original GN'R. They were a big influence of mine and I love them very much and if it wasn't great now, I would probably be very disappointed because I loved it so much from the beginning.

"It really is amazing, it's so good the way it is. It's slightly different but it's just equally as great in a different way you know. I think 99% of the audience felt that on the tours. It was still a supergroup and Axl is a sweetheart of a guy. We were very blessed to be on that tour and they treated us very well, but I don't know any information about that record other than it's very good."

The Metal Moment podcast featuring the Rob De Luca interview is available at this location.

Rob De Luca recently completed a North American tour as the session bassist for UFO. Rob has also toured and/or recorded in HELMET, JOAN JETT AND THE BLACKHEARTS, George Lynch (DOKKEN, LYNCH MOB), "Metal" Mike Chlasciak (HALFORD, PAINMUSEUM), SPREAD EAGLE, OF EARTH, OUIJIPIG, and has recorded for Grammy-winning "Producer Of The Year" Steve Lillywhite.

Sky Dog wrote:

he's lying!:lol:

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

Why is it that people never have anything really descriptive to say about what they've heard?  Bah, who cares anyway?  Opinions aren't worth much if we can't judge for ourselves.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Even after reading who he is, I still have to ask: who?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I feel the same as BS. Everyone who talks about it does so in such simple terms, that you can actually question whether they really heard the record. Anytime I listen to something for the first time, I'll have a bit more to say than "its great".

Its amazing.Its different. Why don't the tracks we've heard in the past nine years confirm this constant hype?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think the tracks do...who wasn't excited among us to hear the leaks when they first came out?

Most people thought they were good songs.

Now consider who the people giving these interviews are Like this is Baz's bassist...he exists in the band at the goodwill of Baz...who exists on GNR tours on the goodwill of Axl. So he isn't going to go into details other than to say if its good!

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I think the tracks do...who wasn't excited among us to hear the leaks when they first came out?

Me.  I spent my time spreading the music to those that really wanted it instead of downloading it myself.

The only songs I have on my MP3 player anymore are TWAT and Better.  That's it.  The rest of the songs could go away forever and I wouldn't even blink.  I still have 3.6 GB of space and don't want to waste it with the rest of the songs...that's how bad I think they are - at least on the leaks.  I really think a less is more attitude is needed on all those songs...even TWAT and Better.

James

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Most people thought they were good songs.

Now consider who the people giving these interviews are Like this is Baz's bassist...he exists in the band at the goodwill of Baz...who exists on GNR tours on the goodwill of Axl. So he isn't going to go into details other than to say if its good!

No one is saying we weren't excited over leaks. They're good songs, but not worthy of the secrecy and hype.

He could have went into detail without giving anything away. Why even say anything if all he's gonna say is its great? We've heard that a trillion times.

Sky Dog wrote:

the leaks aren't the album...and we have no clue what this guy heard. The final versions could be worse than the leaks, could be better, could be the same....we have no idea. We have no idea what the tracklist is, we have no idea who is actually going to be on the final tracks, we have no idea about really anything. I will be disappointed if the album sounds like the leaks. I truly will. But, my gut tells me the end production, mixing, and mastering, coupled with a tracklist including a bunch of stuff we haven't heard, will result in a solid record. A record that I believe will be a better album than either Illusion. Maybe not better individual tracks than the best Illusion songs, but a better more cohesive record. Will it get to AFD, of course not. Just based on the fact that you could never match three more perfect singles than Jungle, Sweet Child, and PC.

It cracks me up though. When some fucking photographer who hates Axl, who is NOT privy to the final version of the album says something negative, it is the gospel. But, when anyone says they like the songs, he is wrong or lying or is an asskisser. So, David Wild from Rolling Stone is an asskisser? In 1999, he was saying the tracks he heard sounded like Physical Graffiti mixed by Trent Reznor....pretty good compliment. Or Jim Barber, who said the tracks reminded him of the best of Pink Floyd and Zep in the 70's. He is full of shit too....

Like I said, we have no idea how this record will turn out. I'm sticking to my Guns and will re-evaluate when we actually have a release date and TRACKLIST.:thumbup:

James

James wrote:

I don't think he is "wrong". When it comes to musical tastes, no one is really wrong.  I think Kala shits all over all these CD tracks, and she did them in a year while this band worked off and on for a decade. Majority of people on GNR sites would disagree. Doesn't really mean I am wrong, just that my musical tastes differ from the average GNR fan.

Madagas, all those great compliments happened while songs we've already heard were in play and talked about as "big guns". I don't consider any of these tracks "Physical Graffiti mixed by Reznor".

Board footer