You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: VR new singer news (sort of) from snakepit .org

metallex78 wrote:

Straight Lines sounds like Coldplay, and I fucking hate Coldplay.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yeah i dont want an album of falscetto cheese :sick:

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I don't listen to alot of Coldplay but I don't think Silverchair sounds at all like them. Also, I highly doubt that a falscetto part here and there means that's all he'd be doing with VR.

Maybe not vocally, but Straight Lines is a piano-lead song, like most of Coldplay's stuff.
Silverchair started as a guitar band, and I struggle to hear any guitar in their new stuff. Which is probably why I don't like it.

Daniel Johns shits me too. You ever see him in interviews?
He can barely string a sentence together. I guess being vegetarian will do that to you. He needs to eat a good steak or something... 16

Anyway, back on topic, I hope VR make an announcement soon.
Duff sounds pretty excited about the latest audition.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

From http://www.snakepit.org/news.html

The most news swirling around VR these days are all the rumors about who the new singer may be. No one has been selected as yet (at least not publicly announced), but the band is listening to auditions on the internet. Some of the newbies there have built up some vocal followings, but we don't think SLASH and company will pick a rank beginner over someone with experience. Speaking of which, there were rumors flying about the current Linkin Park singer, Chester Bennington, after SLASH asked him to play in the New Year's Eve show they had contracted for before Scott left the band. Chester denies that he is considering it or even that he has been asked, but he does say he likes the guys in VR as well as Scott. Maybe he feels he would be caught in the middle as VR is a tightly knit group.

We had a chance to talk to SLASH about what was new with him. He said he is working on getting a new singer for Velvet Revolver, putting together a solo album and doing a cartoon! We knew about the first two, but that's the first time we heard about a cartoon. There was a cartoon at one time, but we know nothing at all about this. When we tried to push him further about it, he said "all in due time"!

thanks to funkymonkey @ htgth

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

He can barely string a sentence together. I guess being vegetarian will do that to you

yikes Hey! I'm vegetarian too!! Oh wait...I think you just made your point.... 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Am I the only person thats never heard a Coldplay song??

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Am I the only person thats never heard a Coldplay song??

I have only heard a tiny tiny bit and i shut it off.  Does that count?

I have a friend that loves Coldplay, but i gave him a cd-r of CD and he admits it's way beyond Coldplay.

He also said BH just makes robot noises so i gave him Electric Tears and now he thinks Bh is amazing.  9

Go BH!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d10AsS-d … re=related

The singer of Panic Channel is the one that has been rehearsing with the boys.  This is only a rumor, its what was said on Blabbermouth.  Thanks to FunkeyMonkey.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d10AsS-d … re=related

The singer of Panic Channel is the one that has been rehearsing with the boys.  This is only a rumor, its what was said on Blabbermouth.  Thanks to FunkeyMonkey.

That might not be too bad actually. 

He's a decent singer.

Board footer