You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: KICKASS preview of Bach's album

James wrote:

This song is a steaming pile of walrus shit. Axl or no Axl. It sounds like a reject from Skid Row's first album, like a C grade Piece of Me. Dear Lord.

Granted, you cant judge the album on one song, but I pray to God I never hear this song again.

My interest in this has just plunged. Its the same old stale Bach we've been getting since the late 80's.

I still want to hear Back in the Saddle though.

no Axl there, and the song is nothing particularly special, but its a pretty good rocker.    The guitar solos are fantastic!   Bach sounds good too.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, the solo may be the highlight. I forced myself to listen again. Just isn't my cup of tea. Maybe my evolving musical taste plays a role in the fact I think it sucks. Wannabe 80's rock does nothing for me. I don't care if its Baz, Vince Neil,etc. Those types need to either change with the times or fade into obscurity.

I will admit he did a great job promoting this shit. No one would have cared had he not hyped up the Axl factor.

Like I said, I still want to hear Axl's contributions, specifically Back in the Saddle. I can already tell I wont be buying this cd unless the other songs are a complete departure from this. If I choose to financially support this because of Axl, I guess I'll have to buy those 3 tracks online.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

This song is a steaming pile of walrus shit. Axl or no Axl. It sounds like a reject from Skid Row's first album, like a C grade Piece of Me. Dear Lord.

Granted, you cant judge the album on one song, but I pray to God I never hear this song again.

My interest in this has just plunged. Its the same old stale Bach we've been getting since the late 80's.

I still want to hear Back in the Saddle though.

I was thinking more of a subhuman race reject....but yeah Baz just doesnt do it for me...and covers are even less interesting...at least he sounds better than he did live 16

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

It's not that bad.

Pride&Glory wrote:

It's not that bad.

Agreed, Bach has always had and will have that 80's, 90's rock sound.   Since I like that music, I think the song is good but you have to like his style in order to like his music.   Bach is never going to change his sound and all his songs will have a similar feel to them Axl on them or not.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

no i know and having listened to a large chunk of his solo material and all of his SkidRow stuff i knew what to expect...and thats exactly what i got....still it'll be good to hear axl on a record for once just i wish he didnt use Baz as a vehicle for his first released material in 8 years 17

It'll be interesting to see if Axl's vocals (which Bach claims this song is more of a duet and Axl is prominent on this track) change anyones minds and make the song any better.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Ok i havn't heard the song. But from your reviews...i actually think it will like it wink

Like - the last thing i want Baz to do is go make some modern style alternative emo rock bullshit. He is one of the dying breed of people who can do that 1980s rock sound....so i say if it sounds just like it could have been on "Skid Row" along with  "Piece of me" then i say - hell yeah - i'm getting what i hoped for...

Rock like this isn't suposed to be classy, its ment to be fun, my advice to those not digging it is to have a few beers - then turn it the fuck up to gig level and start rocking out!!!

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Awesome. That might be the way I listen to the album for the first time. Grab some Sam Adams and throw the CD in my stereo. You got to have fun with it. . The modern rock scene isn't that great at this time. If he uses some influences from the 80's and early 90's then I think I will enjoy it better than if was trying to sound current all the time. He has to draw on what he knows.

Board footer