You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Riyadh and the Bedouins leak

James wrote:

I would definitely like to hear  it because comparing BH killing in a studio to this guy trying to replicate him live is a bit of an unfair comparison, but I don't think he improved the song any.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

James Lofton wrote:

I would definitely like to hear  it because comparing BH killing in a studio to this guy trying to replicate him live is a bit of an unfair comparison

22 Hooooooraaaaay 16

James

James wrote:

Now that its been a week and its had some time to sink in, any differing opinions on this track?

Best of the new leaks to me, and the second best song so far in the CD sessions.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Doesn't do anything for me. To much of a mess. It has grown some but it's far away from me digging it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Well...i have to say this track is starting to grow on me.

I really disliked it when I first heard it, which is unusual for me, as i've liked pretty much all of the other 'new' gnr tracks immediately over the years.

However I've listened to it quite a lot more now, and its been a slow-grower - but I now enjoy parts of it - really like the buckhead madness at the end.

One thing i'd be interested to know however, I know a lot of people on the boards seem to dislke "Oh My God", and it seems Rhiad has a lot of support....what do you guys feel? To me OMG and R+B feel like companion songs...similar style - unorthodox structure, guitar madness, manic feel and drumming etc....

just my 2c

James

James wrote:

Oh My God was a complete mess. They didn't know what they wanted to do with that track. Riyadh may be lacking in the lyrical department which makes it seem like a similar mess, but the band is firing on all cylinders on this track.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Interesting...I liked the lyrics to OMG smile

I found both of them "growers" on me...like I didn't like OMG or Riyadh when I first heard them...but once i got used to the...umm...unconventional...nature of them now I'm getting into them.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Bucket is nasty on this one. Probably the closest thing on the leaks to the Bucket insanity that die-hards are accustomed to. Probably the closest thing to all-out shred from him that Axl wanted on the CD songs.

I've like this one since the 2001-2002 boots. At the time I first heard it, I didn't even know Bucket played on it. Hell, I didn't even know Bucket--period--when I first heard it.

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

How are the lyrics a mess in riyadh. The lyrics are very good IMO.

James

James wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

How are the lyrics a mess in riyadh. The lyrics are very good IMO.

It needs more. I know some people like to compare this to Zep, but thats an excuse for Axl not knowing what to say in those places.

If the song was ever worked on past that point, I would not be surprised if some lyrics have been added.

Board footer