You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Song #2 (Unknown Title)

Sky Dog wrote:

A prostitute has to live with fortune AND shame. Especially in Axl's world, LA-Hollywood, there are a lot of high priced hookers who make a lot of money. However, they are still prostitutes and have to live with the SHAME of being a prostitute. Axl is saying he doesn't want to be like a prostitute and have both fortune and shame. Pretty simple analogy in my opinion.

Overall, it seems to be about his relationship with Stephanie which again puts it in the timeframe of 98-99 when the song first surfaced as a working title.:thumbup: Also, the timeframe where everyone says the album was all about Stephanie.

Sky Dog wrote:

I also hear the "tute" part of the word in the song and agree with WAR and Dave that he says

Ask Yourself,
What I Would Do
To Prostitute, Myself,
To Live With Fortune And Shame

prostitute in this sense is being equated to someone selling themself and their morals and ethics for money.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'd like to know who the hell has all these leaks. From the looks of it someone is rocking out to Chinese Democracy right now and has been for a while.

If Prostitute (yeah, I said it) has showed me anything, its that I'm still waiting for that big (GUN) mother trucking rock song to kick my ass. So far it's just Rhyad, IRS and CD. There's got to me more. Like I said before, these leaks give ole uncle Axl a great opportunity to really make CD a better album, just on tracklisting, not production.

I like Prostitute (yeah, I said it) but I was hoping that it was going to be the song that was going to fill that huge, desperately needed, heavy rock song, gap in the album. 4 songs left... And Sorry doesn't sound like its going to be that epic hard rock song, so it's pretty much 3 songs left. I'm interested in Seven, but we don't even know if that's still on the album, anymore. We all thought The General was, but now we find out we're not going to see it until we all have a flying car in our garage sad

Message to Axl: just give us (leak us) everything you have right now and we'll tell you what the tracklisting should be. You need my e-mail?

Sky Dog wrote:

And Finally Neemo, you have the only line in the song that is repeated twice.....closest thing you have to a chorus and it comes at the peak moments in the song.

"All That Amounts To
Is Love That You've Crippled For Fortune And Fame!"

in other words, like a prostitute sells their body for money, the chick sold Axl out for money and fame. She sacrificed her love, like a prostitute sacrifices their body, for money and fame. Prostitute is selling yourself out and that is what Axl obviously thinks Stephanie or whoever did to him. I believe she left Axl and went on to marry someone richer than him.

Id, I am waiting on that rocker as well.....a real epic rocker.:/

off to work...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Message to Axl: just give us (leak us) everything you have right now and we'll tell you what the tracklisting should be. You need my e-mail?

14 We cant even agree on which song to eliminate in a poll. You think we could decide the tracklist??:haha:

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I'm still hearing:

Ask yourself, what i would do
To bring you down

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

monkeychow:  I don't think you are reading too much into it or being crazy at all.  Everyone who is saying this could be Prostitute all have valid reasoning.  Without any doubt (in my opinion) the theme of a Prostitute works well with the words in the song whether this is actually Prostitute (proper) or not.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

The more I listen to this song the more I like it. My initial reaction was "pretty good" but now I think it's great.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

And Finally Neemo, you have the only line in the song that is repeated twice.....closest thing you have to a chorus and it comes at the peak moments in the song.

"All That Amounts To
Is Love That You've Crippled For Fortune And Fame!"

in other words, like a prostitute sells their body for money, the chick sold Axl out for money and fame. She sacrificed her love, like a prostitute sacrifices their body, for money and fame. Prostitute is selling yourself out and that is what Axl obviously thinks Stephanie or whoever did to him. I believe she left Axl and went on to marry someone richer than him.

well if you reach far enough anything can make sense 16 once we find out what this song is actually called you can expect an "I Told You So" big_smile

Sky Dog wrote:

Neemo.....I am not reaching at all and more than one person sees the Prostitute theme in the words and lyrics....geesh. I also gave 3 or 4 other reasons why it most likely is Prostitute, you guys have nothing but Dave's cryptic messages and well, nothing! I am sorry people don't have basic hearing, listening and reading comprehension skills. The sky is red my friend. Why? Because I think so.....Now, the song may not be named Prostitute but the lyrics and the few lines I mentioned clearly refer to someone selling themself out like a Prostitute. Whether you see that or not is immaterial.

Board footer