You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Song #2 (Unknown Title)

I think Quick Song may have turned out to be Chinese Democracy, right? Wasn't that a widely held theory?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It could be. If I remember right Quick Song was mentioned as part of the early stages of CD. And Chinese Democracy does fit a Smells Like Teen Spirit mold. You might be right.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Quick Song and CD may be...and CD got a little grungy feeling....RS reported it as such way before we heard it and they are semi-right.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Oh...

Atlas Shrugged

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I would just like to say that this song has grown on me.

Take out the first line, and the lyrics are actually pretty good.  They aren't horribly cliched like i thought at first.  I thought some of the lines were different when i first heard it.  Like i thought that "I told you, when i found you" was actually "I told you, I love you".  The actual lyric there makes the song quite a bit better and a lot less cliched. 

Plus, the band is pretty damn good on this track as well.  Axl's vocals stand out.  Even though they are pretty clean, they are increadibly strong. 

These lyrics are well written.  Some of these lines in there just really make me think.  An example is the line, "What would you do if i had to deny your name?"  So weird to hear a line like that in a 'love' song like this.

I will go as far as to say that this song could be Prositute. 

Whoever said it will "kill you on the first listen" is completley wrong however.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
madagas wrote:

Neemo.....I am not reaching at all and more than one person sees the Prostitute theme in the words and lyrics....geesh. I also gave 3 or 4 other reasons why it most likely is Prostitute, you guys have nothing but Dave's cryptic messages and well, nothing! I am sorry people don't have basic hearing, listening and reading comprehension skills. The sky is red my friend. Why? Because I think so.....Now, the song may not be named Prostitute but the lyrics and the few lines I mentioned clearly refer to someone selling themself out like a Prostitute. Whether you see that or not is immaterial.

woah

lol

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
war wrote:
madagas wrote:

Neemo.....I am not reaching at all and more than one person sees the Prostitute theme in the words and lyrics....geesh. I also gave 3 or 4 other reasons why it most likely is Prostitute, you guys have nothing but Dave's cryptic messages and well, nothing! I am sorry people don't have basic hearing, listening and reading comprehension skills. The sky is red my friend. Why? Because I think so.....Now, the song may not be named Prostitute but the lyrics and the few lines I mentioned clearly refer to someone selling themself out like a Prostitute. Whether you see that or not is immaterial.

woah

lol

Madgas wat are you rambling about? You gave 3 or 4 reasons why this song is prostitute and I only gave a cryptic message? Let me try this again.

This is why the song IS NOT PROSTITUTE.

#1 FOUR people that have heard the song prostitute have said this is not it. ONE of which works for UNI. The guy on the webcast who heard prostitute even said that song isnt prostitute.
#2 Prostitute is a 4 min song this track is over 6 mins, do the math.
#3 Prostitute is said to be a rocker and its like fire and ice.  This song is neither.
#4 Prostitute is also said to be one of the stongest songs on the album, while this track is good its not the best of the leaks which it would be if it was prostitute.
#5 the only reason people think its prostitute is bc one lyric from the song MIGHT be prostitute, that still does not make it the title of the song.

So once again this song has been confirmed that its not prostitute.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

This is why the song IS NOT PROSTITUTE.

#1 FOUR people that have heard the song prostitute have said this is not it. ONE of which works for UNI. The guy on the webcast who heard prostitute even said that song isnt prostitute.

Who are these people? Anyone who is in a position to actually know? or a bunch of horders and leakers who may have incorrectly named tracks/vested interests in keeping some mystery to their collection? I'm just asking that's all.

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

#2 Prostitute is a 4 min song this track is over 6 mins, do the math.

TWAT in 1999 is a 5:01 min  song, the recent leak is 6:50.  We know these songs have multiple versions with multiple players and mixes...song length is not therefore a reliable indicator of the identity of a song.

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

#3 Prostitute is said to be a rocker and its like fire and ice.  This song is neither.

Rocker is a subjective term, although i'll grant this isn't really a hard hard rock tune. But the "fire" and "ice" analogy holds up well when looking at the contrast between the casual verses (eg 3:21) and the explosive chorus parts (eg 3:46). it's all a matter of opinion....remember also this comes from a description from someone that heard the track a few times right? I mean how someone describes something can vairy wildly.

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

#4 Prostitute is also said to be one of the stongest songs on the album, while this track is good its not the best of the leaks which it would be if it was prostitute.

Again subjective. I find the lyrics and melody of this song haunting and compelling. The debate of what is the strongest track on the CD is endless. I love Maddy, yet a ton of people think its the weak link. The key is someone found prostitute to be the best track, doesn't mean it actually would be considered that way by you or another person.

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

#5 the only reason people think its prostitute is bc one lyric from the song MIGHT be prostitute, that still does not make it the title of the song.

I'm not going to rant about this again...but it is NOT from one lyric...it is the entire lyrical theme of the song. I've posted in detail earlier in the thead exact lines from the song which could support the title of prostitute.

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

So once again this song has been confirmed that its not prostitute.

No offence intended dave...you are a very well respected and valued memeber of the community. But I just don't agree. It seems to me like there is a lot of evidence showing it could be prostitute and the evidence against amounts to subjective descriptions/prefrences in songs, the words of people with vested interest like horders, and a fan basr that is hyped up about a song title to the point where nothing will satisfy.

I may be wrong, it might turn out not to be prostitute. But I don't feel the evidence is compelling against it yet, there is (currently) a lot more to suggest it is prostitute to me than isn't.

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

^^^^^

These leaks we got are from 2004 at the most. Prostitute when Buckmaster worked on it was around that time or a year or so later, so at that point the song was still 4 mins.   Like I said, a person that works for Universal said its not prostitute, that is good enough for me.  The song by the way buckmaster described it is not how track 2 is at all. There is much more edivence against the song being prostitute than there is for. Hell when the song first leaked people thought it was This I love til I shot that down when I asked Patty Hood. So they then guessed its prostitute. People would still be claiming this song is This I love If i never got an answer to my email to patty

Its end of story its not prostitute so lets just move on.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Its definitely not the end of the story. If it was, the title of this thread wouldn't be "Track 2".

Board footer