You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Song #2 (Unknown Title)

James wrote:
bazgnr wrote:
Dadud wrote:

i think it is prostitute, looking at the lyrics. that one part

"Ask yourself what I would do
to _____  myself
to live with fortune and shame
you should have done to the hearts of the ones
that you would not stay"
Prostitute fits in there and makes sense, and it kind of sounds like it is what he says.

It's at the 3:53 mark, and it's *exactly* what it sounds like.  I honestly don't think it could be anything else at this point.

I agree. There were three new songs on the 06/07 setlist.

Riyadh
If the World
Prostitute

Riyadh and If the World kick ass, and we have a mysterious track being called "track 2".

Hmmm, what on earth could that third track possibly be called?:haha:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I think people are just praying this isn't Prostitute because its not living up to the massive expectations and hype created for this song over the past decade.

The "big enchilada" wound up being a stale taco.....

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I think people are just praying this isn't Prostitute because its not living up to the massive expectations and hype created for this song over the past decade.

Again, I agree.  Assuming we're correct, the reality of the song can't possible match the myth that has surrounded the track.  The price to pay for being a die-hard fan,  I suppose?

I don't think it's "prosecute," either.  To me, it's definitely "prostitute."  Weird that it's one of the very few words in the song that isn't immediately obvious, though.

I still don't think that it's Prostitute, and it's not because it doesn't live up to a hype - it's actually one of my favorites out of all the songs we've heard so far.

As I've said before, the description of the song doesn't match this one whatsoever and it sounds like Axl is singing "prosecute" and something like "mercy" rather than "to prostitute myself".

I guess we'll see. Eventually.

And I also find it funny that it was the songs that were on the previous setlists in 2006/2007 were the songs that actually leaked rather than some unknown song or songs. The same thing happened with Better and There Was a Time when Axl mentioned them as favorites in early 2006.

But it isn't really that strange, either...

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

DCK wrote:

It sounds like a demo. But it's pretty damn good. A song like this, I'm not quite sure what it will do to the average rock fan. It's either "getting it" or "not". I see people here "got it" at once and I'm really happy because I feared some of it may a be a little bit too advanced for the average rock fan to listen to. However, I see that we're dealing with some smart music people here.

Intelligence has nothing to do with liking a certain kind of music.

I'm still holding out hope that this isn't Prostitute (because it's fairly lame), but I have to admit the reasoning about the setlist is quite probable. If those are the songs that are going to be played live, it's understandable that those are the songs out on discs for people to work with as they travel the world.

jwasylyk
 Rep: 0 

jwasylyk wrote:

yeah, that can't be a coincidence, those were the 3 songs on the setlist, it's prostitute.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

That's damn right James.  I don't think it's Prositute because it's just not that good, when compared to how they hyped it up and all the descriptions of it.  And it's definently not the best track off of there. 

And I believe Prostitute was described as a 3-4 minute rock track, and fire and ice.  Those descriptions don't fit to me.  When i hear the name Prositute i think of some anger, and there's not a lot of that in there.  16

Plus, naming this song Prositute doesn't make sense to me.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I didn't really get a chance to listen to these songs last night, but this one is really growing on me, that's for sure. 

The drums still seem odd to me, but my god Axl and the band are really shining.  I can't imagine more tinkering and adding of stuff on this song.  This is amazing the way it is.  Strong lyrics.  I was really hoping for something a little less heart broken on these songs after Better, TWAT, The Blues, Maddy, and IRS.  Oh well, it's where Axl fits really well.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

This is heartbroken Axl and not pissed off Axl. I like both and I prefer them at different times but now it's time for pissed off Axl to show his face soon.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
DCK wrote:

This is heartbroken Axl and not pissed off Axl. I like both and I prefer them at different times but now it's time for pissed off Axl to show his face soon.

I agree with you there. I so desperately wanna hear a fast angry song. 'Checkmate' or whatever that was. Maybe even a reworked version of Oh My God or Silkworms (oooh did I say that word???)

Board footer