You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: METALLICA Discussion

RussTCB wrote:

removed

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

The two "new songs" they played live on the last tour.... sucked.

Well, they won't be on the record - at least not in that state.

Exactly, they mentioned that bits of those songs might end up in other new songs they were working on.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

The two "new songs" they played live on the last tour.... sucked.

Exactly, they mentioned that bits of those songs might end up in other new songs they were working on.

right just like the new songs GnR played in 2002 were b-list tracks 16

i'm not buying into the hype this time...i'll wait and see what its like before i commit to it

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i'm not buying into the hype this time...i'll wait and see what its like before i commit to it

Yeah, those b list tracks wound up being near the top of the A list.

I agree, I'm not allowing myself to get excited for this. I'm certainly looking forward to hearing what they have to offer, but I'm not gonna declare it a Justice type masterpiece until I've actually heard it.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Neemo wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

Neemo always popping my hope ballon 16

Eh I think after St. Anger something set fire to these guys. Hopefully it's all true and the material is as good and older sounding that Metallica fans all hope for.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

NEW YORK - Metallica will make its first in-store appearance in nearly a decade on April 19, as part of Record Store Day, a promotional event for independent music retailers.

The band will participate in a signing and meet-and-greet at Rasputin Music's Mountain View store, near San Francisco.

In addition to promoting the vinyl re-release of the band's classic albums 'Kill 'Em All' and 'Ride the Lightning,' Metallica's appearance is meant to bolster the indie record store community.

Spearheaded by the Alliance of Independent Media Stores, Coalition of Independent Music Stores, Music Monitor Network, Newbury Comics and Value Music Group of Indie Stores, the inaugural Record Store Day will feature special events at all participating stores, which will provide customers with goodie bags filled with new formats, new albums and information on music, theatrical, comic book and gaming releases.

© 2008 Billboard

-------------------------------------

I'm gonna go to this.:mosh:

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I'm skeptical of Metallica's new album.  I was a huge Metallica fan in high school, I even stayed with them through the Napster bullshit as I agree with their argument.  But Saint Anger was straight dog shit for me. I haven't enjoyed a Metallica Album since The Black Album and Master of Puppets is my favorite and their finest album IMO.  While I'll buy the new album when it comes out, I certainly don't have any expectations like I do for CD or the new VR album.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Well I've recently 'found' Metallica again, a little. I thought St. Anger was utter shite, so it can only get better for me now. And at least you can rely on them to actually release something.

The wheels have been set in motion:

http://www.missionmetallica.com/

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

The wheels have been set in motion:

http://www.missionmetallica.com/

I don't know what that will be but I don't want to wait until may.

Board footer