You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: your current tracklisting

James wrote:

I don't know how much you know about the track since you just now heard it.

It was recorded by the 1997-99 lineup without Finck and has Brian May on guitar.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well Dizzy and i think tommy have said that it will be on CD...but i've heard both

as to why? well they need good material for the other albums too...even though its not one of my favs of the new tracks

Yeah, I know enough *about* the song. I'd just went out of my way not to hear it. In 2006, when "Better", "IRS", and "There Was a Time" leaked, I thought "We've probably got about half of the final album now; I don't want to ruin the experience". So, when "Catcher in the Rye" leaked shortly after, I didn't give into the temptation. Two years later, I'm looking at it a little differently.

I think it was Axl during the Eddie Trunk interview that said it'd probably be on the second album. But I guess that might have changed a million times since then for all we know.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Communist China wrote:
bigbri wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I was more or less making fun of all the arguments about the spelling through the years.

On the set list, as Neemo points out. Rock isn't known for its spelling aficionados. Def Leppard? Motley Crue? Are you gonna be pissed if Axl spells it like that on CD?

If the album comes out and it's "Prostitue" are you going to leave it that way?

Yeah, I don't mess with an artist's creation. It is what it is, what makes you think it's supposed to be your way?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Communist China wrote:
bigbri wrote:

On the set list, as Neemo points out. Rock isn't known for its spelling aficionados. Def Leppard? Motley Crue? Are you gonna be pissed if Axl spells it like that on CD?

If the album comes out and it's "Prostitue" are you going to leave it that way?

Yeah, I don't mess with an artist's creation. It is what it is, what makes you think it's supposed to be your way?

Burger%20King.jpg

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

So now we have Shackler's. Where are you putting it?

At the moment I have my CD as:
Chinese Democracy
IRS
Song 2
Riyadh and the Bedouins
If The World
The Blues
Shackler's Revenge
Better There Was a Time

Madagascar
Catcher in the Rye
Oh My God

I like to think of the last 3 as bonus tracks that aren't a part of the whole. Anyways, I don't like The Blues into Shackler's that much and am looking for alternatives.

As for CD being the opener, I think it's perfect (in response to a post in the Shacklers thread) because the riff seems to open up the album well. It builds and builds until you're in the thick of the album. And it's a heavy rocker, something CD needs to start with I think. It's such a strong track, lyrically musically, and it's a rocker with a long intro, it just seems to BE the beginning of the album for me.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I burnt a cd real quick so i could listen to it in my car when i went to wally world.

Shackler's
Rhiad
If the World
CD
Song 2
Better
The Blues
IRS
Maddy
TWAT

The reason for this tracklisting though is i was in a hurry, and my cd player in my car is fucked and will only play cd's in order, you can't skip ahead.  So i put SR first so i could listen to it.  bucket

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

1. Chinese Democracy
2. Shackler's Revenge
3. Better
4. Catcher in the Rye
5. The Blues
6. Oh My God
7. I.R.S.
8. Riyadh
9. If the World
10. Madagascar
11. Prostitute
12. TWAT

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I HAD

1) Chinese Democracy
2) If The World
3) Better
4) The Blues
5) Rhiad and the Bedouins
6) Madagascar
7) I.R.S.
8) Track 2
9) TWAT
10) Catcher In The Rye
11) Oh My God
12) Sway (live)
13) Sailing (live)
14) Back in the F'ing UK (live)
15) Paradise City (live)

I may slip Shackler's in between Maddy and IRS and drop Paradise City (I tried to fill all the time as you can see)

Board footer