You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Axl's "Tirade" in Rolling Stone - Bach speaks out

misterID wrote:

Baz is a flake, but he's a lovable flake, and seems pretty damn loyal to Axl.

I can see your point DTJ, he might have a circle of real friends, but Baz seems to be the only one of Axl's inner circle that seems to talk truthfully to Axl... What Baz said to him really didn't deserve the kind of ridicule he got from Axl.

I just think it would be very hard for someone, not a hanger on or an employee, to be friends with Axl. I'm not saying he's a bad guy, he just seems wayyyyy too complex, and talking to him has to be like walking through a mine field. And really, the info Baz gives is NOT that big a deal to normal people, rock stars. And it says something that all of us think it is a big deal. You know?

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:

And we also know that Axl is far from naive, or an idiot, when it comes to trusting the select few that he surrounds himself with.  It's far from a secret that it doesn't take much to get Baz talking, and Axl surely has known this for a long, long time.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Communist China wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
misterID wrote:

Baz might be his only real friend, though.

God I hope not.   I would think Del is a true friend to him as well, Dizzy also.  I am sure he has his circle of friends that are his true friends.

While I'd guess that Del is his friend as well I'm not sure he has a circle of friends. I'm not sure he has a circle of anything other than greedy yes-men and people who are afraid of him.

I agree.  A true friend would be someone you can tell personal stuff to without them running their mouths.  Del doesn't run his mouth about Axl every chance he gets, but Baz does.

I wouldn't count Baz as the only 'true friend' Axl has, and i wouldn't label him as a 'true friend' for the fact that he can't keep his mouth shut.

CC nails it too that Axl probably doesn't have a close cirlce of friends but just a few friends.

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:

Best laugh I had all day almost like hearing West talk from the grave, these guys are all so sweet!

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:

I think Baz is good for Ax, lighten up already....

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I would like to say it is GREAT news to hear that we won't be seeing an Axl Rose reality show!  I would hate for him to have his own VH1 show!

Imagine it... "The Jungle of Love"- Axl gets 25 girls to choose from to find his 'soul mate'.  roll

Come to think of it, i wouldn't be surprised if VH1 approached him with that very idea.  16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:
Saikin wrote:

I would like to say it is GREAT news to hear that we won't be seeing an Axl Rose reality show!  I would hate for him to have his own VH1 show!

Imagine it... "The Jungle of Love"- Axl gets 25 girls to choose from to find his 'soul mate'.  roll

Come to think of it, i wouldn't be surprised if VH1 approached him with that very idea.  16

Except if would take 15 + years for the first episode to air, as Axl would demand that VH1 signs over total creative control before he walks on camera, then disappears into the editing bays, never to be seen again.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I HOPE Baz confirms or denies whether the latest leaks are indeed just demos or the finished product.  But I doubt he will, I'm not sure if he's even heard the finished product himself.  In fact, I'm not even sure there IS a finished product.  He could however clear up the mystery and give us the title to "song 2".  That'd be nice.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Baz is like an exitable puppy dog, he's no doubt a good companion to Axl when he needs someone to lighten things up a bit, he gives him unconditional love and he is always trying to please his master.

It's actually a bit refreshing knowing that Baz still lets his mouth run faster than his little brain can keep up.  At least he just blurts out and tells Axl whatever he is thinking, I think Axl could use a few more people with such brutal honesty around him.

Board footer