You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

Re: Axl's "Tirade" in Rolling Stone - Bach speaks out

bazgnr wrote:

I'm hoping my new issue shows up soon so I can read the whole story...

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/i … tells-all/

In light of the Guns n' Roses leak last week '” nine tracks that may or may not be the near-final version of Chinese Democracy '” Rolling Stone dialed up Axl Rose pal and collaborator Sebastian Bach to gain some insight into where Rose now stands with the extremely delayed LP. For the full story, see the next issue (out later this week). For now, here's Bach recalling what happened the time he suggested Rose just put out Democracy:

'There's only a couple of times he's ever gotten mad at me. One of them was when I let Ron Jeremy in his dressing room. He didn't like that at all. '˜Why the fuck did you let Ron Jeremy in my dressing room?' I was like, dude, he was begging. That wasn't a good time for me. Axl goes from zero to 60 faster than any hemi engine, I'll tell you that. When we were first hanging out in 2006, we were just standing around a bunch of people. I go, '˜Axl, do you think you might get the record out? It would be a great time, now that we're on tour and everything.' He goes, '˜Oh. Great! Everybody! Sebastian has a great idea here, man. Guess what? Sebastian, should I put out a record? Maybe it would be a good idea for me to put out a fucking record! Hey everybody, listen to this! I never thought of that! That never came to me! Oh, great idea dude.' I felt like Fred Flintstone in Mr. Slate's office.

'Another thing that I don't know you'll ever see is a Axl Rose reality show. When I see that shit, I laugh. Here's the only other time that he got made at me. I had just finished shooting Supergroup for VH1. It was on TV in America while we were gallivanting across Europe. We had a beautiful dinner at some incredible Italian restaurant. We are sitting there and I go, '˜Dude, I just shot this reality show for VH1 and they paid me this amount of money, man. It was fucking easy. It was only like two weeks. It was hilarious. Axl, if they paid me this amount of money, they'd pay you like a million bucks for 10 days of some shit.' He's looking at me with this look on his face and he's all quiet and he goes, '˜Sebastian, you don't understand.' I go, '˜What?' He goes, '˜I will pay VH1 $2 million to leave me the fuck alone!'˜ I would bet my life you won't be seeing the Axl Rose reality TV show.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The media needs to stop seeking out Baz for GNR news. Its way past the point of absurdity.

Thanks for posting this though. That bit about Axl's reaction to the reality show rumor is something new.

bazgnr

bazgnr wrote:

I imagine there will be more "new" information in the actual article that sees print.  I  don't recall ever hearing the Ron Jeremy bit before, either...

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Lol at Axl's reaction to the reality show. At least he has a sense of humor... or is totally crazy... or both...

Hopefully there is some news in the next Rolling Stone smile

bazgnr

bazgnr wrote:

One thing that's clear is that he doesn't suffer fools lightly, that's for sure.  And Bach really seems to walk the line sometimes, even though his heart's in the right place...

Not that we all don't know Axl has a temper but it will be interesting to read and definitely funny to hear reactions like the reaction to VH1....LOL.

I wonder if he is going to get mad at Sabastain now for telling RS how he reacts to certain things.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
bazgnr wrote:

He goes, '˜Oh. Great! Everybody! Sebastian has a great idea here, man. Guess what? Sebastian, should I put out a record? Maybe it would be a good idea for me to put out a fucking record! Hey everybody, listen to this! I never thought of that! That never came to me! Oh, great idea dude.'

Funny stuff. At least it shows he's aware of the situation at hand.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

It kinda shows he's got tired of people telling him to release the album.

Then again there are those who have gotten tired of waiting as well.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Hey, if it wasn't for Baz we would have ZERO real insight into GNR right now. We'd have no idea about the four albums or the song Sorry, or the description of The General. I'm really glad Baz likes to talk... a lot.

Board footer