You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Will the latest set of leaks delay the album even more?

I've wondered if this will have an affect on the release date if it's supposed to be before the end of the year.     I mean acts such as this could have a detrimental effect, thus pushing it back even farther.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I think its going to speed up the release because the myth is out of the bag. Even if there's a million more songs, we now know the general direction this record was/is going.

To delay it even more would be suicide because the media seems to be writing their reviews, cutting their losses, and considering this Chinese Democracy. As this material continues to sink in, so will alot of fans.

Chinese Democracy is now on every p2p site, and for the first time ever there's enough material in that file for an album.

Its a different ballgame now.

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:

I don't think there will be more delays than there currently are.  From the bit I posted in another thread, Baz is saying the album(s) is/are done, and right now management is deciding how to *release* the music.  Let's hope that's true.  To me, it's a MUCH better scenario than Axl & Co. still deciding if any particular song is "ready" or not...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

No, it won't.

2008 is their last chance if they want this to be successful and they know it - but who knows what they might be planning at this point.

A thought that has been popping up in my head from time to time is a double album or two separate ones, but I don't know why.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

2008 is their last chance if they want this to be successful

do you really believ that? we've been saying it year after year 17

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

2008 is their last chance if they want this to be successful

do you really believ that? we've been saying it year after year 17

Yeah but we didn't have the album in previous years.:haha:

Neemo wrote:

do you really believ that?

Yeah, I do.

Otherwise it will leak in its entirety. It's as simple as that.

One would hope this would speed up the process because I would think GNR wouldn't want every track leaked and nothing left up their sleeve for the album.   Probably why the FBI is on this besides other legal reasons.

If anything, I could see it speeding up the release. Not from Axl's point of view, but more so Universal's. I can't imagine them playing hardball in negotiations while the entire album leaks onto the internet.

Board footer