You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Will the latest set of leaks delay the album even more?

misterID wrote:

Axl actually has a pretty good opportunity to guage the reaction to the album and perhaps add some things to or change up the tracklisting.

I seriously don't think he can afford to take this back to the studio and continue working on it.

Sky Dog wrote:

he does have a chance to change the tracklist...even I think there are too many weepers.:laugh: He isn't going back to the studio with this band. If you have 30-40 tracks, take your ten most rocking ones plus two ballads and release it. Then do a deluxe box set edition for the hardcores, tour for a year, and call it a day. Reunion in late 09/early 10.:thumbup:

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:
madagas wrote:

he does have a chance to change the tracklist...even I think there are too many weepers.:laugh: He isn't going back to the studio with this band. If you have 30-40 tracks, take your ten most rocking ones plus two ballads and release it. Then do a deluxe box set edition for the hardcores, tour for a year, and call it a day. Reunion in late 09/early 10.:thumbup:

Sounds like a plan to me!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

I pretty much agree with this 110%. There's really know point in Axl dicking himself or the fans around anymore.

Just unload what you got and move on to the next project.

Sky Dog wrote:

after 10 years, he needs to move on just for his mental health if nothing else. hmm

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

If it does cause a delay, it leaks, no ifs, ands or buts about it. In fact, I'd be willing to guess if Uni or GNR hasn't set a release date by the end of August, early Sept., whoever has this stuff will drop it on us. Because, if you don't announce a release by that time, you've ruled out 2008. If GNR/Uni rule out 2008, the leakers will just do the opposite. So, I see the end game to this in a few months at the latest.

I could be wrong, but if I had CD and what I just leaked was my message to GNR to get their shit together, if they didn't listen, I'd just leak it all. And I'm hoping 'all' includes the 30 or 40 songs rumored to be done or near done.

Board footer