You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: In regards to 9 song GNR Chinese Democracy leaks

buzzsaw wrote:

Guy shows up with 5 posts and supposedly has done ANYTHING is going to be suspicious in my mind.  Blame it on years of bullshitters.  How do you know he's the one that even did it?  Exactly.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Thanks for the tweaking JP.  They are an improvement and nice to have Better without the glitch at the beginning.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Guy shows up with 5 posts and supposedly has done ANYTHING is going to be suspicious in my mind.  Blame it on years of bullshitters.  How do you know he's the one that even did it?  Exactly.

Because I was talking to him last night and he signed up five minutes later.

If its not him, its the coincidence to end all coincidences.

James

James wrote:

Buzz, I think you need a title....

gjuarez23
 Rep: 2 

gjuarez23 wrote:

Are these the same as the ones released on June 21st or sometime around that?

James

James wrote:
gjuarez23 wrote:

Are these the same as the ones released on June 21st or sometime around that?

Yeah, he "leaked" his masters a couple days after the initial leak.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

JPowell
 Rep: 5 

JPowell wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I agree that most of the songwriting is spectacular.

I have a question:

Since  you are clearly knowledgeable on this subject, what do you say in regards to those who consider these "rough demos" and nowhere near being a finished product?

I don't know if they are "nowhere near being a finished product."  They actually sound fairly near, but I don't believe them to be final mixes.  There are times when the drums take too much of a back seat when compared to...say...the Use Your Illusion discs.  All the tones are great, sometimes the vocals are a bit loud, but everything is actually in the ballpark for a decent mastering engineer to perfect.  I could only do what I could do considering that I wasn't blessed with the source files I would have started with had I been the actual mastering engineer of hire (which, of course I won't be...it'll be George Marino or somebody like that).

The cool thing about all this is we finally have LISTENABLE tracks.  It's been a good exercise in truly adjusting to Axl's new sound.  In realizing that the sound actually kinda makes sense and that it doesn't feel so awfully bad to call it Guns N' Roses.

For those reasons I'm glad I decided to do this.

later...Cliffy

JPowell

JPowell wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Should I laugh at this?  Yes...of course I should...and I will!

hahahahhahhha

Would sort of "proof" do you require?

J

JPowell

JPowell wrote:
mickronson wrote:

Very nice indeed..  can actually make out the guitars for a change
I see youve named it "If the war (end today)"..     ?

Yeah, got the title from Metal Sludge.  I've since changed it on my iPod it to "If The World" after seeing the set list.  Didn't worry 'bout changing it in the actual zip file, cuz I don't feel like re-uploading the dang thing.

People will call them what they want and we could see a million set lists and if the album ever comes out, we may just be surprised to find out what the titles are then.

Plus, it is commonplace for bands to abbreviate or use partial song titles for their set lists.  I know my own bands have always done that sort of thing and every band I've toured with has as well.

J

Board footer