You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: In regards to 9 song GNR Chinese Democracy leaks

faldor wrote:

I don't get what's so hard to "believe"?  He said he cleaned up the leaks (songs we've already heard).  He attempted to master them himself since he didn't think they were finished versions.  Not sure why that makes him a fake insider.  Maybe I'm missing something.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

i'm with you faldor....not sure why he's being slammed for doing a good deed for us....

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Look for attention?  WTF is that?  If I wanted attention, I'd have a lot more than 620 posts.  I want people to use their fucking heads instead of following their hearts. 

James says it's real so everybody believes?  Jesus Christ, you've all lost it.  I get that some people are in love with BH and will love everything he does.  The part that many of you are missing is what he does is save mediocre songs and make them decent - he also takes crappy songs and makes them mediocre.  If that's what GnR is to you, then God bless you, but that's not what it was or ever will be to me.  IF this is going to be Guns N Roses then I damn well expect it to live up tp the standards set and I will not settle for less like many of you appear to be willing to do.  Other than Better or TWAT, I wouldn't put ANY of the new songs up against the worst real GnR material not named My World because the new songs would lose.  TSI is good compared to the majority of the leaks.  You guys that love the new band can't even agree on which leaks are good and which ones suck...how the hell do you expect the general public to?  It's not going to happen.

If that means I crave attention (not sure how you can make that connection, but whatever), then so be it.  I have expectations.  I don't settle.  I didn't with Snakepit, I didn't with VR, and I'm not going to with Axl's new GnR.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

james has an opinion of it....like you and I....he thinks its the real deal....I don't...a whole lot of us don't think its anything more than a decent demo....

badly mixed, if you ask me....so this new brother came along, cleaned it up, and the tracks are sounding better....he's no insider, he's just a kind dude, who figured we'd appreciate what he did....

i personally do, and I don't think he should be given shit for it....that's all...

JPowell
 Rep: 5 

JPowell wrote:

buzz,

The looking for attention comment wasn't directed at you...it was directed at me and it wasn't even a direct insult...it was a "well, I guess he could be doing it to get attention" kinda thing...it was a statement of possibility.

The entire thing you're missing here, the thing you're not understanding or even using your mind to consider is how it is I happened upon this lovely little website.

The mastering work I did on these songs, I did for myself. I then shared that work with my brother...he then convinced me to share that work with the general online community, because the mastering made such an enormous difference. You see, buzzy, in the initial write ups of these leaks, Antiquiet and major news outlets were claiming the mp3 files were fully mastered tracks. However, a quick listen of the Antiquiet mp3 files and a simple viewing of the actual wav forms within those mp3 files made it clear to me that the tracks had never been mastered. I don't like quiet, unmastered, low quality mp3 files on my iPod, so I did a bunch of work to greatly enhance the sonics of the files...that is to say, make them okay to my personal standards.

I first posted about what I had done to the files on the Metal Sludge gossip board, as well as another message board that I go to at times called the Heart Of Metal. One of the Metal Sludgers told me about the RockConfidential.com site. I emailed the guy who runs that site and he quickly emailed me back to request the files. He downloaded the entire zip file I had uploaded to my own server space and re-uploaded it to his own server space and then blogged about it. If you'd like, I can forward you those emails...tags and all.

Now...how did I hear about this site?

Simple...James Lofton contacted me through my mastering page which is a simple myspace page (myspace.com/steinhausmastering).  James wrote me to thank me for the work on the files. He was appreciative you see, because he had actually heard the work. I checked out his myspace page, which then led to the discovery of this website. I exchanged a few myspace messages with him and here we are today.

See...it's actually quite simple and straightforward.  There are no shenanigans being played on you, no wool being pulled over your eyes.

J

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I want people to use their fucking heads instead of following their hearts.

Thats what you want.

Now let me tell you what I want.

I want people to be able to post without being crucified. This isn't a site where we shit on people just for the sake of shitting on them. The quality of this site revolves around the mutual respect shown towards all members(although you are disproving that). People like this site for the more laid back approach and the fact they don't have to deal with trolls when they feel like posting.

This isn't the biggest site. I don't want it to be, and I'm sure none of the others here do either. People have "lost it"because they "believe" I brought the person who mastered these tracks here to share his insight on the leaks??

Whether you think I'm the biggest asshole in the world or you just tolerate me because you like certain people or aspects of this site, let me make myself clear...

I do my best to ensure this site stays at the standard set by the people who are here. I'm not interested in power trips or making people "believe" certain things.

If you have a burning desire to troll people who were invited here to share specific things, shit on people for no reason, judge them when you've heard nothing to judge them on, then maybe this isn't the site for you.

James says it's real so everybody believes?  Jesus Christ, you've all lost it.  I get that some people are in love with BH and will love everything he does.  The part that many of you are missing is what he does is save mediocre songs and make them decent - he also takes crappy songs and makes them mediocre.  If that's what GnR is to you, then God bless you, but that's not what it was or ever will be to me.  IF this is going to be Guns N Roses then I damn well expect it to live up tp the standards set and I will not settle for less like many of you appear to be willing to do.  Other than Better or TWAT, I wouldn't put ANY of the new songs up against the worst real GnR material not named My World because the new songs would lose.  TSI is good compared to the majority of the leaks.  You guys that love the new band can't even agree on which leaks are good and which ones suck...how the hell do you expect the general public to?  It's not going to happen.

If that means I crave attention (not sure how you can make that connection, but whatever), then so be it.  I have expectations.  I don't settle.  I didn't with Snakepit, I didn't with VR, and I'm not going to with Axl's new GnR.

What in the hell does this have to do with the subject of this thread?

You've already shit on this guy multiple times and now you're insulting the intelligence of everyone here by making that "James says its real so everyone believes"line, which is clearly troll bait.

Stay out of this thread since you've admitted several times you "don't give a fuck about him".

If you want to further discuss this shit, send me a PM. Post the same crap again in this thread, and you're gonna be banned.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

can we just all kiss and make up already 18

fuck

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Thanks for your work. They're very nice.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Yeah nice work, theyve re-lit my chinese fire..  IRS for instance i stopped listening to long time ago but your work has made it/them sound slightly different in a way, but hugely more audible.. Lot more crisp and clearer..I can hear stuff i didnt know was there,   I mainly use headset for maximum listening enjoyment and these tweaks have made the world of difference and even using headset there are tones and effects and underlying vocals for instance i hadnt heard before.. 

nice job,  and no need for for detailed explanations,  a quick stfu was all they deserve tongue

Board footer