You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

Re: Rare GN'R demos on iTunes..

BurningHills wrote:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=116793

I just downloaded these myself and have no idea where these came from. They sound AMAZING. We have never heard either of these versions before on any of the bootlegs that have been floating around. It really makes you wonder what else from the old days is out there that we haven't heard yet.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Information courtesy of "lost of in the garden" at mygnr:

Hollywood Rocks was a compilation CD released to acompany the picture book of the same name. It was book of old hollwood flyers with tons of very cool bands that never got signed and feature stories on the ones that did. Axl was on the cover, and the book has some really cool Guns N Roses stuff.
Both the book and the CD were released by Cleopatra records (originally an underground Goth label that went heavy into Glam in the early 2000's)...

I never bought the CD. But it makes sense that an old GNR demo like 'Heartbreak Hotel' would be on it.

EDIT : I was just looking at the just released HOLLYWOOD ROCKS DVD. It lists music Guns N Roses , Hollywood Roses & Interviews with Axl, Steven, Chris Webber and Traci Guns

http://www.cleorecs.com/Details.cfm?Pro … category=6

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

So its "Heart Break Hotel" and "Nice Boys"  yeah? And the are definately not the old versions of heartbreak hotel that are around? Wierd!

Sky Dog wrote:

The ones on ITUNES I heard clips of were Heartbreak Hotel and Anything Goes. Both sounded pretty good.:rock:

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

So its "Heart Break Hotel" and "Nice Boys"  yeah? And the are definately not the old versions of heartbreak hotel that are around? Wierd!

Nope - Heartbreak Hotel starts off with Axl singing a capella..."Since my baby left me..." and then the band kicks in.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

This is actually really awesome. I wonder how it happened though? I bought both tracks, the fire in Axl from that time period is still very impressive, even in demo form (on Nice Boys, especially).

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Is that CC I hear outside my PM box??

Sky Dog wrote:

Is the Nice Boys from Hollywood rocks cd or is it from the Hollywood Rose release....who is the band on Nice Boys?

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

James Lofton wrote:

Is that CC I hear outside my PM box??

With that quote as your signature? I doubt it.

Sky Dog wrote:

CC, just for clarification. I love Robin and his work on the new Gnr material. However, in a live setting, Bumble, Bucket or Richard could easily play his parts if Robin isn't around. It is not a put down.:peace:

Board footer