You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Ok, I'm a little confused guys...

mitchejw wrote:

Was Brody just cut out of the equation? Where is he?

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

neutral

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

guys....let me clear whatever i can with regards to a few things....i see my name being mentioned at a few places.....I helped ROV out with a theme some time back....this is common knowledge....it was a colab effort between myself, Brody, and the admin staff of the forum....i worked, they commented, i made changes, and so on....so the word "colab" couldn't be more apt to describe the situation.....

with regards to ownership of anything.....i don't own shit....it was a bit of design work which was done for the community as a whole, the minute it went public, it was no longer mine.....i got a nice credit for it....and that's all i ever wanted from it....

does Brody own the actual files?
yes, one could debate that point till the cows come home, as he was the registered owner of the original domain, so one would presume that everything which belonged and resided on that server fell under his jurisdiction...

then again, considering it was a group effort - some staff support for funding (james and dtj), member support for design and coding (myself and dreamline)...the fact who owns what is soooo much in that undesireable "grey" area that it can be talked about forever, but one will never reach a conclusion which is satisfactory....

so, to answer...downliner....you did a great job with this portal, there are certain elements which you tried to keep as close as possible, but this is an original design of its own, based on the previous interface, not a direct copy of it.....so you have nothing to worry about when it comes to copyright....

at the same time, i would really like to have old ROV back, there was lots of good info on there,  so if we could have Axl, Slash and Duff...I mean Brody, DTJ and James.....to kiss and make up for the sake of the community.....it would be great....

if not....fuck it...we motor on as is....

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i like to know how i got cut out of the whole saga, but whatever thats cool

see thing is that brody to this day feels that RoV is "his" when in fact he had little to nothing to do with the site for a year other than paying hosting costs...now granted that was a huge part of the forum

but being an admin he should have taken into account that we needed him to keep his creditcard clear for payments, and that we needed him to iron out the bugs. as admin there, i had no control over anything and couldnt install any thing to keep the board running smoothly, all i could do was ban people if someone got out of hand

anyway the majority of that board was carried, by myself, dtj, james, backslash and pride & glory....and at the end, a private eye and LLL. so the other board goes offline, right, and we had NOTHING....no word and ignored, pm's, emails, instant messages you name it we tried it, hell i think DTJ even called him and texted him...and it wasnt just me or DTJ or James...BLSPride and BS tried as well....he wouldnt answer any of us....what the fuck were we to do?! we had like nearly a hundred and twenty people coming every day to check us for info...the house the ROV staff built...not the ROV admin.

anyway i'm always up for reconciling but the way brody treated us and you guys as RoV members was bullshit, and we kept it under wraps for a LONG time away from you guys , but even so members were like....um wheres Karma, where's Chat, wheres the fucking smilies....i mean for real...at the end rosesofvelvet.com was a fucking fiasco on all fronts and the staff did their damnedest with a site t hat had an admin who didnt give a shit 19 youwant Rosesofvelvet? well here we are, the people here are the ones who made it all happen folks...hell how many of you got an invite from brody even? thats right, even the staff did the recruiting to get the fantastic membership we have wink I hope each and every one of you stay to help us get to where we were before....a few thousand posts doesnt make one site better than another....otherwise how did we start ROV in the first place...even the logos Elmir....who made them? and the sound bytes for the intro....i mean cmon, even when dealing with brody to launch the skin you had to turn to DTJ and myself cuz brody again was M.I.A. (and not the singer James always talks about)

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

as for bandying words on HTGTH....not gonna do it, not gonna clutter up Jarmos site with bullshit that coulda been avoided with a few responses from Brody....2 months or more ago 19

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I did not intend to make anyone feel defensive. Apparently there are some ill feelings in this area. I had no idea what was going on, bu tI guess that was by design.

Sad, really...and Brody just let the site die.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i'm not defensive! 4

haha j/k its all cool big_smile

it may seem like angry, i guess, when the way things went down is described finally...i mean there was alot of crap going on behind the scenes for a long time...still is in fact, and we tried to keep it on the downlow...for obvious reasons...nobody likes drama...yet here we are again in the middle of more of it.

Maybe there were things outta Brody's hands...but stilll a little communication goes a long way..especially people dealingwith the site on a day to day basis...do you know how hard it was for us to keep people informed when we didnt even know what was going on? 17

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

That's really the thing Neemo.  All he had to do was let you guys know what was going on and everything would have been fine.

I understand why he's upset to some extent, but why he's pushing to bring back a site that he had practically nothing to do with for the last year is beyond me unless he really thinks he's going to be able to salvage it and sell it.  I could see if he was there everyday and posted a lot, but I was there a lot and I rarely would see him there.  It's a sad situation and hopefully it will resolve itself shortly.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i like to know how i got cut out of the whole saga, but whatever thats cool
...even the logos Elmir....who made them? and the sound bytes for the intro....i mean cmon, even when dealing with brody to launch the skin you had to turn to DTJ and myself cuz brody again was M.I.A. (and not the singer James always talks about)

i know.
i was there....:laugh:

Board footer