You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

Re: A re-post from MyGNR, A GN'R fan convention

Attention: This would never happen, but it would be intriguing.

If all forum members (well not all, but alot) from Mygnr, here today, and the other forums got together maybe for a CD release party or pre-tour (like Hammerstein, just way bigger) would be interesting, and probably fatal. You'd have forum members that hate eachother there, you'd have old fans, young fans, casual fans, haters, tribute bands, Axl wannabes, Slashites, BassLikeHot, maybe a band member or two, fake Bucketheads, crazy nutty fans, hoarders, etc. It would be a bonanza. Fans from around the world would gather, some would show up HOURS late cause they try to be like Axl. You'd have people bring in 'CD starts now' t-shirts, and Dr Peppers for all. Then the cool crowd. The forum members who don't show up at all, ahahaha. Meeting some of these people would probably be scary. No one would admit there forum name, and we'd all be anonymous. We could beat the shit out of the Portuguese hoarders, Miser, etc. Just kidding Miser. I think seeing Patience 4 Axl and Madison verbally going at it in public would be nuts. We would see Thomas, JALP, Luiz, Randy, Incognito, Madison, Jarmo, MSL, wes (if he really exists) -- all these interesting people.

THOUGHTS?

p.s. sorry about this post, im bored and i thought it would be humorous.

That's another thing. We have GN'R fans from all over the world, Australia, Europe, Asia, South America, Africa -- we gotta find a solid place for this convention. Or we could do a convention for each continent? Australian fans do it in say Sydney or something, North Americans do it in LA or NYC, and so on and so forth.

I think it would be fun really. GN'R fans don't get the attention we deserve. Waiting and waiting, mingling with other fans may not be such a bad idea. It would be a little insane I gotta say, especially the North American fans, but all in all: fun.

Someone with seniority should rent out a place and set a date. Hahaha. I would seriously go if hella people went.

Another cool thing would be if we had any musicians in the house. They'd put on a GN'R setlist all night. I think that would be cool. Get the best Axl impersonator voice up there (me or AxlisOld) and the crowd could request something. That would be neat.

How could we get this going? 9

------------
Thoughts evolution?

BrokenGlassNCigs

I know that was kind of insane, but how many of you would go if there was a GN'R forum/fan convention near you with all the GN'R hardcore, diehard, semi lunatics just partying, performing, mingling, and such?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Me and a few others brought up a similar idea at HTGTH a few years ago.

Since the majority of GNR online users are based in the US and Europe, two parties would be scheduled in each. All happen the same night. I remember us joking about Jarmo flying in to each party.

One party isn't feasible.Too many people spread everywhere. I would probably max out a credit card to go to NY show, and would most certainly go to an LA show.

I'll tell you one thing though.....

The first reunion show will have more forum people in one buil;ding than could ever be imagined. Regardless of what city its held in.

I would love to do it. Lots of friends and enemies I'd like to meet.

BrokenGlassNCigs

James Lofton wrote:

Me and a few others brought up a similar idea at HTGTH a few years ago.

Since the majority of GNR online users are based in the US and Europe, two parties would be scheduled in each. All happen the same night. I remember us joking about Jarmo flying in to each party.

One party isn't feasible.Too many people spread everywhere. I would probably max out a credit card to go to NY show, and would most certainly go to an LA show.

I'll tell you one thing though.....

The first reunion show will have more forum people in one buil;ding than could ever be imagined. Regardless of what city its held in.

I would love to do it. Lots of friends and enemies I'd like to meet.

Well if you'd be willing to rent a place in Cali, we could get maybe 40-70 peeps easy. There's alot of Cali Gunners.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:

The Hammerstein and MSG '06 pre-parties were a blast - I met tons of cool people there, who I still talk to to this day, including Jarmo!

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Sounds fucking awesome to me big_smile

Met so many fans at every gig I've been to it's insane. If I see someone in a GNR tshirt on the day of a gig I just start talking to em haha.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I'll bring the weed.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I'd be interested, but we'd have to all have nametags with our forum name, and probably our most-visited forum there too.

It's just the logistics of price, time, travel that would keep me.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

If theres one on the east coast, and someone can provide good directions... I'm in.

BrokenGlassNCigs

I'm seriously down to do it. I wanna meet a bunch of cool Gunners and see the insanity that may ensue.

Board footer