You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Chinese Democracy Tracklisting Speculation

I was going to throw this in another thread, but I think it warrants it's own thread, and should CD actually be on its way, it will become more interesting as the time draws nearer.

People have been saying that with the 9 leaked songs we have (12 if you count Oh My God, Silkworms, and CITR), plus Shackler's Revenge, you have 10-13 album tracks, and only a few more would be on the album and then that'd be it. What I wonder, hope mostly, is if the songs we have right now are really going to make the album cut.

I have some trouble thinking they will all make it. We've just been blind-sided with a title we've never heard of, which is apparently going to be the big first single from the album. That basically throws all previously held opinons on the tracklisting out the window. If the first single can be a song that's never been mentioned in a decade of album work, then there is no guarantee anything we have will make this album.

So what will make it? If you ask me, only Better, TWAT, The Blues, and CD seem really likely. I see no reason why the 9 tracks we have in close-to-finished demo form will be here.

What tracks do you guys think will be there? How many album cuts will have titles totally foreign to our eyes?

Keep in mind Axl rarely mentioned CD on the 06 tour. We just got new leaks that they played live. But those were titles we had already known. The 06 tour could've been promoting a ttracklist from an 02 album, even if the behind the scenes release plan involved many different, truly new, songs.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

interesting you did this cuz i was honestly gonna start a similar thread 19 5

anyway i'll be boring and say that we only are waiting on one more track title cuz i'm holding to the 13 song thing that Axl mentioned at the Korn Party in 2006

Prostitute
Sorry
Shackler's Revenge
Riyadh And The Bedouins
If The World
Catcher In The Rye
There Was A Time
Madagascar
Better
I.R.S.
The Blues
Chinese Democracy

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:

We've just been blind-sided with a title we've never heard of, which is apparently going to be the big first single from the album. That basically throws all previously held opinons on the tracklisting out the window. If the first single can be a song that's never been mentioned in a decade of album work, then there is no guarantee anything we have will make this album..

This is my line of thinking now as well. Had always been in the "this is most of what they got and will all be on the album", but the confirmation of Shackler's Revenge puts that theory into a complete tailspin.

What I fond most interest in this(and you wont be shocked), is that Axl has decided to launch this with something from Buckethead. Whether he comes back or not is beside the point. It shows Axl had something resembling confidence in those sessions, and NOTHING from the 2004-08 sessions was worthy of getting this project off the ground.

Bucket will be all over this record. The first song proves that.

As far actually predicting a tracklist, we cant even feasibly do that anymore. Hell, if various rights issues haven't been worked out, the songs they like to use in the encore(Madagascar) wont even be on the record.

Same with Catcher in the Rye. I know you can use almost anything as a song title, but Salinger is a nut case when it comes to the use of anything associated with that book. A GNR song named that getting tons of attention might bring a lawsuit from the Salinger camp.

Anything is possible from this point forward.

The only track that I'm certain of that'll make the album is Chinese Democracy at this point.

Also, we know that Shackler's Revenge will be on there.

As for the others? Who knows - maybe the material they've been playing live isn't meant for this record. It wouldn't really surprise me since anything can happen.

Communist China

New GN'R has laways been promoted as aband full of surprises, it's always bragging about what we'll never get to hear, saying it has much better than what's been out there. We stopped believing them in 06, when we got Axl's big guns, in 07, when we got higher quality and studio versions of Axl's big guns, and in 08, and we as a site seem unimpressed with this 'mindblowing' material.

But what if they're not lying? What if the best, and the bulk, is still to come? If Better or CD isn't good enough to be the rocker first single, I wonder if they really do have more tricks up their sleeves than we've given them credit for.

James

James wrote:

Not out of the realm of possibility. Someone may shoot me for bringing up Bucket again, but he is a monster in the studio and can pump out 20 albums a year.He was in GNR for four years. Do the math. He may have composed Axl a box set at some point in 2000-04, and some of the "Big Guns" are from those particular sessions.

Communist China

Wouldn't if be funny if Bucket recorded a ton of Guns music in that 00-04 timeframe, but it wasn't until after he left that Axl really got to working on those tracks? You wouldn't think that in 06 Axl was busy turning Buckethead songs into GNR songs...

I'm not a Bucket fan but I hope that's more truth than joke.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Communist China

Blind Melon's album Soup did not contain the song Soup (appeared on Nico), which is a staple of their live show and a fan favorite song... but CD seems like the perfetc opener for an album that I can't imagine it starting any other way.

James

James wrote:

I consider CD and Riyadh the strongest tracks so far(never thought I'd say that about Riyadh), and if neither makes the album, there better be something out of this world taking their place.

Board footer