You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Chinese Democracy Tracklisting Speculation

misterID wrote:

If the tracklist is going the way it looks like it is I really hope Catcher In The Rye
isn't on there. I dig the song but I hope its saved for another one of the albums.

NO MORE BALLADS. Please. Especially if This I Love is on CD, which is supposed
to be a mega piano driven ballad... With harps no less. We just need some balls
out rockers. From what we know Sorry is supposed to be a slow grinding track,
or doom metal, whatever that is. I didn't hear Bucket and Bootsies version of
Shacklers Revenge, but wasn't that not that HARD of a song?

So that's three songs left on the album we haven't heard. Two if indeed This I Love
is on it. As someone who I played the leaks for recently said, "Please, somebody
get this man some cocaine." 16

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
faldor wrote:
war wrote:

there is no way a cd, this long in the making, is gonna contain all of the leaks, many of which have been circulating since '02 and/or played like since that same point.

I hope you're right and I agree now more than ever.  If that does happen to be the case though, I wonder if that was by design or did things change somewhere along the line because of the leaks.  Were some of those songs set to be on CD but then plans changed when they leaked?  Don't know if we'll ever get the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help us god!

i think they did change cause of the leaks and the never-ending making of the album. gnr had to leak the songs to help promote the tours since they couldn't get the album out in time. say what you want about the delays and axl, i am quite confident his intention was to have the first album out before the '02 tour and again before the '06 tour. combine that with the need to keep freshening up the songs as time goes on without releasing them, new ones popping up with continued work/revolving musicians, and the overall change in music relevance i'd say the potential tracklist has changed multiple times during the last 5 years or so.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think the other track mentioned the most as likely to be on CD was
IDES OF MARCH.

Don't remember any description of it, though.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
war wrote:
faldor wrote:
war wrote:

there is no way a cd, this long in the making, is gonna contain all of the leaks, many of which have been circulating since '02 and/or played like since that same point.

I hope you're right and I agree now more than ever.  If that does happen to be the case though, I wonder if that was by design or did things change somewhere along the line because of the leaks.  Were some of those songs set to be on CD but then plans changed when they leaked?  Don't know if we'll ever get the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help us god!

i think they did change cause of the leaks and the never-ending making of the album. gnr had to leak the songs to help promote the tours since they couldn't get the album out in time. say what you want about the delays and axl, i am quite confident his intention was to have the first album out before the '02 tour and again before the '06 tour. combine that with the need to keep freshening up the songs as time goes on without releasing them, new ones popping up with continued work/revolving musicians, and the overall change in music relevance i'd say the potential tracklist has changed multiple times during the last 5 years or so.

They could easily write a book about the making of Chinese Democracy, it's been such a long drawn out process.  The twists and turns, the conspiracy theories.  That would be some fantastic reading.

Del, get on that.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Someone should do a "coffee table" book on GNR but it includes nothing but random forum posts from the past 10 years.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:
estrangedpaul wrote:

The other two could be anything but I'll guess Zodiac which is rumoured to leak,

Is this true? *Hopes*

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
faldor wrote:

They could easily write a book about the making of Chinese Democracy, it's been such a long drawn out process.  The twists and turns, the conspiracy theories.  That would be some fantastic reading.

Del, get on that.

James Lofton wrote:

Someone should do a "coffee table" book on GNR but it includes nothing but random forum posts from the past 10 years.

both great ideas. a dvd of the making of cd is bot compelling and rumored to be in the works.i don't know that it is possible but it is an interesting prospect.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

That would be great, particularly if you could get current / ex members and people that worked on the album to comment on some of them

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'd buy it. 16

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

interesting you did this cuz i was honestly gonna start a similar thread 19 5

anyway i'll be boring and say that we only are waiting on one more track title cuz i'm holding to the 13 song thing that Axl mentioned at the Korn Party in 2006

Prostitute
Sorry
Shackler's Revenge
Riyadh And The Bedouins
If The World
Catcher In The Rye
There Was A Time
Madagascar
Better
I.R.S.
The Blues
Chinese Democracy

I remember when Bach was talking about Sorry and The General(which I have lyrics to if anyone wants me to post them) I thought he said that they would be on the third cd, or was that just the general?

[EDIT]I'll go ahead and post the lyrics i have

Board footer