You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: RUMOR: Royston Langdon is Velvet Revolver's new singer

PaSnow wrote:

That It's So Easy clip was terrible singing. Spacehog had a good hit, didn't hear anything else off the album. I'll give it a chance, but will be a bit let down if true. Could have done way better, even Kravitz I'd rather see. Or the guy from Days of the New.

PS. Listening to Rooster now, not as bad, but not very good either. Actually just got to the heavy part now, it is really bad.

Ughhh, bad choice if true. I'll still hold out hope & give it a chance, not sure he can write good lyrics though.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I dig it. I like the fact he's making it his own. Scott basically mumbled through
Its So Easy and let Duff sing it.
I'm interested. I think its safe, if true, Royston will bring some 70's era GLAM
to the band. 16

EDIT:

Wow, I really like his take on Rooster. He sounds pretty similar to Layne
without trying to imitate him.

I want to hear some original tunes.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I didn't really like his Rooster, and I love the dirt version and almost every live version I've heard with Layne. Maybe I like Layne's too much to accept Royston's, but neither of those clips look good. I don't know who really wants more VR anyway, other than the band themselves.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I don't know who really wants more VR anyway, other than the band themselves.

Karma.

nugdafied wrote:

Yikes, yeah......I don't know about Royston Langdon fronting VR.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Unless they recruit W Axl Rose they should leave it alone, its the most covered song in history ffs.
If they have to do it dont let the singer butcher or put his take on it, let duff do it..

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

This actually makes me extremely excited and I see this potential incarnation becoming the definitive lineup of the band. I hope it's true. That other rumored vocalist was utter shit. I didn't feel like posting as much in the thread at the time, everyone else seemed to be jacking all over him.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I can just hear the phone conversation...
Steve Tyler: "Slash, hey buddy its Steve Tyler, ya know, I used to make records and not just throw out GH to fulfill my contract..well anyway, my son in law needs a job, ya got anything going ? He`ll take minimum wage"
Slash: "Well ya know Steve, things have been a bit quiet lately.  There might be an opening coming up, few questions tho... Can he sing like Axl?" - Steve:"Not even if i kick him in the balls".. Slash: "Can he write great lyrics" ; Steve: "Can barely write his name when sober" ; Slash:"Tell him to turn up for work monday morning sharp"..

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I gotta confess to knowing didely squat about this dude and Spacehogs (or whatever they are).

So I've got a totally open mind (well not entirely open because deep down I am realistically waiting to be let down again).

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I think the only goal of this is to get the contract completed.  We'll never hear from VR after that.

Board footer