You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: RUMOR: Royston Langdon is Velvet Revolver's new singer

monkeychow wrote:

I want more VR. I'll take Slash and Duff playing together over Duff doing loaded and Slash doing drugs.

VR without Scott gives them the chance to write songs that are less repitious (all of scotts songs always have a strong chorus hook but then repeat everything to death), have more solos and are less grungy and more rocky.

I'll grant that he apparently can't sing "It's so Easy", but then anyone who covers Axl sounds like ass. I think some original material could be good.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Wow

Don't really know what else to say besides Scott was a blessing to these guys.  This guy absolutely blows.  ISE and Rooster were absolutely terrible.  Both sound like bad karaoke versions at some bar during happy hour.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mickronson wrote:

I can just hear the phone conversation...
Steve Tyler: "Slash, hey buddy its Steve Tyler, ya know, I used to make records and not just throw out GH to fulfill my contract..well anyway, my son in law needs a job, ya got anything going ? He`ll take minimum wage"
Slash: "Well ya know Steve, things have been a bit quiet lately.  There might be an opening coming up, few questions tho... Can he sing like Axl?" - Steve:"Not even if i kick him in the balls".. Slash: "Can he write great lyrics" ; Steve: "Can barely write his name when sober" ; Slash:"Tell him to turn up for work monday morning sharp"..

Post of the day.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I think the only goal of this is to get the contract completed.  We'll never hear from VR after that.

Yeah, I think you're on to something there.

Its one and done.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I hope it's not this guy, that singing was absolutely terrible!!1

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

I could do a better "It's So Easy" than that shit.

Christ.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

I could do a better "It's So Easy" than that shit.

Christ.

It was bad huh. The sad thing is slash was awesome on it. Makes me put on my 'reunion' hat.

Anyway...i think we should wait and see how this guy does singing his own melodies, as being bad at covers doesn't really mean he wouldn't be good in his own style.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Man this is frustrating as shit. Fuck this crap. They need Axl and he needs them. These pricks need to get over it and realize how great they can still be.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Man this is frustrating as shit. Fuck this crap. They need Axl and he needs them. These pricks need to get over it and realize how great they can still be.

Yeah i hear ya. Since the break up all that has been proven is that a whole is more than the sum of its parts.

Sure Snakepit showed slash can still write killer rock guitar riffs. The leaks showed Axl can still write killer melodies and lyrics. The GNR tours showed axl has the fame and persona and talent to pull off a world tour with a bunch of hired hands and survive on who he is alone. The VR tours showed Slash and Duff and Matt can still put on a damn fine rock show....even when their singer hates the style of music they play best.
What is being proven? How many people would prefer to have a VR album over a GNR record featuring the original band? Who would prefer to see the 2007 GNR line up over the people that wrote the AFD setlist that gets played? It's all very sad and basicly a waste of talent to see everyone reduced to 80% of their ability because they cant find a way to compromise.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Yeah i hear ya. Since the break up all that has been proven is that a whole is more than the sum of its parts.

Sure Snakepit showed slash can still write killer rock guitar riffs. The leaks showed Axl can still write killer melodies and lyrics. The GNR tours showed axl has the fame and persona and talent to pull off a world tour with a bunch of hired hands and survive on who he is alone. The VR tours showed Slash and Duff and Matt can still put on a damn fine rock show....even when their singer hates the style of music they play best.
What is being proven? How many people would prefer to have a VR album over a GNR record featuring the original band? Who would prefer to see the 2007 GNR line up over the people that wrote the AFD setlist that gets played? It's all very sad and basicly a waste of talent to see everyone reduced to 80% of their ability because they cant find a way to compromise.

Fucking egotistical, arrogant pricks. Thank God I have Nolan's Batman movies to be a big fan of and anticipate. Those people all get along great with each other and are very humble towards the process of making their art. At least I know he and his crew won't disappoint me. Fuck the original members of GN'R. Fuck 'em all in their arrogant asses.

Board footer