You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Shackler's Revenge: REALLY confirmed

Neemo wrote:
bigbri wrote:

We'll get the same with "Shackler's Revenge."

and what if this is one of the songs that ron re did? then everyone will be up in arms...like i said its a bit premature for celebrating cuz we dont know whats goin on...

I mean dont get me wrong its cool that GnR is getting with the times and releasing the single on this form of medium...but i'm not counting my chickens till they hatch

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

You can buy the game only for $60. $200 gets you the game, a guitar, a drum kit and a mic.

but you cant really play it if you dont have the guitar, drum kit and mic so why bother buying it 16 like james said to keep it in the cellophane?

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

I don't know why this just popped into my head, but I'm wondering if the band even had anything to do with this, or if it's purely record company, and the first of many ways that are coming to recoup 15 Million dollars (or whatever that ridiculous number was).

Does anybody know, does Rock Band or Guitar Hero either one contract with certain major labels, or are they just songs from whatever source they can get them?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

$200??:nervous::nervous::nervous: Is there something in these articles I missed? You have to buy a bunch of accessories??

well you cant play the game if you dont have the accessories...if you have rb1 then obviously you got all the shit you need but if you dont then you need the box set which is like $170 or something plus taxes

Well, I'm not buying guitars and drum kits and other assorted shit. Even if I wanted to play this, the costs of that aren't worth the little time I would spend playing it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

$200??:nervous::nervous::nervous: Is there something in these articles I missed? You have to buy a bunch of accessories??

well you cant play the game if you dont have the accessories...if you have rb1 then obviously you got all the shit you need but if you dont then you need the box set which is like $170 or something plus taxes

Well, I'm not buying guitars and drum kits and other assorted shit. Even if I wanted to play this, the costs of that aren't worth the little time I would spend playing it.

And what if the song is as bad as Oh My God... I spent $17 on that fucking CD for that one Shit ass song.  I can't imagine spending $200 for a Ryiad type quality song.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

Does anybody know, does Rock Band or Guitar Hero either one contract with certain major labels, or are they just songs from whatever source they can get them?

probably same sort of deal as with a soundtrack...the company has a soundtrack budget and they go adn get songs with that budget...now that the games are so hugely popular the labels and bands may ask for a cut of sales...but with 84 songs on the game and the game costing $60 i cant imagine there is much revenue coming in for them in that avenue

it takes a while to program the games becuase they have to bring in the bands to do their parts specifically for the game...at least thats what it was like on Guitar Hero ...the guitarist had to record the songs and the programmers had to map them to the video game...which was why i was wondering about BH actually being on the recording hmm or robin for that matter...maybe robins departure is partially due to the way the game track was laid down

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i gotta stop posting in here ...fun times big_smile excitign news GnR is in the media and we shall hear the first single on the radio shortly

Mysteron says the plan is to have CD out in 2008

can't complain 9 3

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

and what if this is one of the songs that ron re did?

Nothing points to that, and if the gods above have any say, nothing will ever point to that.

You don't take Bucket off a Bucket song.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i gotta stop posting in here ...fun times big_smile excitign news GnR is in the media and we shall hear the first single on the radio shortly

Mysteron says the plan is to have CD out in 2008

can't complain 9 3

Neemo, I just noticed you are from Hamilton, as is my Guitar Teacher... Interesting.  And I live in freaking Alabama.  He is 32 or 33 years old.  He is a cool guy.

Board footer