You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Shackler's Revenge: REALLY confirmed

Neemo wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i gotta stop posting in here ...fun times big_smile excitign news GnR is in the media and we shall hear the first single on the radio shortly

Mysteron says the plan is to have CD out in 2008

can't complain 9 3

Neemo, I just noticed you are from Hamilton, as is my Guitar Teacher... Interesting.  And I live in freaking Alabama.  He is 32 or 33 years old.  He is a cool guy.

haha yeah we canadians arent too bad 16 defiantely a small world though...what is it again? 8 degrees of separation?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Neemo wrote:

and what if this is one of the songs that ron re did?

Nothing points to that, and if the gods above have any say, nothing will ever point to that.

You don't take Bucket off a Bucket song.

no i know .... i was jsut saying that we dont know what this all entails yet

anyway i cant complain ... my wiife and i are thinking of getting rockband for the Wii once we move to our house so if i get it then i'll be getting #2 as well

still all in all this is freaking sweet news a new gnr track is comin out officially...like madagas said Axl has 2 original releases in 17 years so this is definately big news  9 i wonder what it sounds like...is it like SHackler? I wonder what inspired Axl about the story? did he see a bit of himself in the main character like with that Without You story by del? isnt Shackler a horror though?

maybe this will be the Estranged of the CD sessions...it'll most likely be the most current track we've heard as well

anyway lots to look forward too from now to Sept 30th 5

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Maybe its a message about Slavery?

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

For those complaining about the price, Rock Band is like a big party game if you buy the entire box set (200$). It's not really something you would buy if you are planning on playing the game alone.

If you wanna play it by yourself you can always just buy the game by itself (probably 50-60 dollars depending on the system like all other games) and then buy a guitar accessory (which are around 30 bucks)

So, really while you can still argue it's too expensive, then you would also argue all video games are too expensive (and I agree) but that's an entirely different topic...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

isnt Shackler a horror though?

Thats a really good question. The music would make it appear to be, but the use of music so similar to Halloween would really add some cheese to whatever film he was doing the score for.

Not putting down Shackler as its an interesting song.

James

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Maybe its a message about Slavery?

Trying to make sense out of Buckethead song titles will get you nowhere.:haha:

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Thats a really good question. The music would make it appear to be, but the use of music so similar to Halloween would really add some cheese to whatever film he was doing the score for.

"Shackler" was on the DragonBallZ soundtrack. It's an animated movie done in Japanese-style anime, and Bucket is a fan of all things Japanese.

http://www.dragonballz.com/

James

James wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

use of music so similar to Halloween would really add some cheese to whatever film he was doing the score for.

Before a Bucket fan jumps my ass for that, I know how there's a horror theme to some of his work. I like it actually, and his use of TCM samples is amazing.

My point is that when you're actually doing a score for a horror film, taking the easy way out(especially for him) is a bit out of the ordinary.

James

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Neemo wrote:

"Shackler" was on the DragonBallZ soundtrack. It's an animated movie done in Japanese-style anime, and Bucket is a fan of all things Japanese.

http://www.dragonballz.com/

Yes, but Shackler's Revenge was a movie title, and I am in the camp that thinks there are gonna be similarities in some capacity to Shackler and Shackler's Revenge. There's not much of a point in such a name being used unless Axl and Bucket wanted to expand on its original concept, which is going to be very fucking interesting.

Board footer