You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: Shackler's Revenge: REALLY confirmed

Von wrote:

I don't think promoting your music through a music-based video game is any more selling out than the bands who made videos for music-based channel MTV when it first debuted. People will gets used to this being the new reality soon enough. Those bands that didn't transition to MTV got lost in time. The ones who did make the move are now commonly referred to as innovators. It's not selling your songs to a cruise line or for a deodorant ad. It's like the people who bitch at artists for being featured in an iPod commercial, when iPod and iTunes is now one of the dominant ways to enjoy music. When does keeping up with the times and a changing industry become selling out? Axl Rose is a genius for this.

Slash ain't no slouch, either.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

My original point was that I always bagged on him showing up to something like that, not the endorsement of a game.

You're kinda splitting hairs there. I'd also like to remind people that biting a security guards ankle is not *cool* either, nor is getting into a fight with Tommy Hilfiger??  So Axl defenders/Slash bashers are not going to be in any position to talk bad about the top hatted one. 21

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:
Tommie wrote:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63753

did you guys see this yet?  Its a video where they discuss Shackler's Revenge.  "its a mix of old and new, crazy buckethead solo" ect.

The mention is at about 5:30 into it.

Nice find, Tommie!  karma.

I'm really happy to see other people excited about this - I mean other than us maniacs here.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Has anybody checked this other thread on that forum, about the choices of song on Rockband 2? Specifically Metallica, AC/DC and GNR.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63002

It seems most on there are dissappointed it's not a classic GNR track but are hopeful the deal between GNR and RB2 means the classics will become downloadable later. As psyched as we are, GNR still have a mountain to climb to get Joe public on board with this.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Dreamline wrote:
Tommie wrote:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63753

did you guys see this yet?  Its a video where they discuss Shackler's Revenge.  "its a mix of old and new, crazy buckethead solo" ect.

The mention is at about 5:30 into it.

Nice find, Tommie!  karma.

I'm really happy to see other people excited about this - I mean other than us maniacs here.

Favorite part:

"...where does it fit in the challenge of the game? Is it 3 stars, 4 stars?"

"Well... it's um... Axl. So it's about 3 quarters of the way down. It's a hard one"

My other favorite part:

"Oh yeah.... I was just playing it..."

People playing the song with it out in the open hopefully means it'll leak sooner then later.

Its funny...watch a 'gamer' play GH or RB i guess and they sit in their chair quitely focussing on the screen and hitting every note, barely noticing the song. Must..get..high..score...get..to..next..level...complete...game

Watch me play GH and I'm jumpin all over the sofa rocking out and trying my best rock star moves!

I'll probably never get to Shacklers Revenge if I get Rock Band, I'll probably get stuck on 'Let There Be Rock'. Which isn't a bad thing!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Wow, they really hyped it.

My favorite part:

When we found out we got it I thought we might have to delay RB2 until 2012 or something.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I heard yesterday that once metallica's new album is released they will be offering the entire thing for download on guitar hero 3....that's pretty innovative marketing think GnR will do that?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Has anybody checked this other thread on that forum, about the choices of song on Rockband 2? Specifically Metallica, AC/DC and GNR.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63002

It seems most on there are dissappointed it's not a classic GNR track but are hopeful the deal between GNR and RB2 means the classics will become downloadable later. As psyched as we are, GNR still have a mountain to climb to get Joe public on board with this.

I predicted that would happen with the gamers... They want classic songs THEY KNOW, its more fun that way.  When you have people over your house, they want to play stuff they all know.  Like Sweet Child O'Mine...  When some girl sees, "Shackler's Revenge".......SKIP.

Board footer