You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Shackler's Revenge: REALLY confirmed

bigbri wrote:
Aussie wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Besides is BH even on Better?

Is that a joke?

No, I've got completely no idea.  I know (or at least I thought) Robin did that solo after those stupid gurgling water noises, but I wouldn't have any idea about who has done what other parts.  Could be Brain May or Paul Huge for all I know. 

I've totally lost track of who has done what on which version and what has been recorded over by who and when and what's been kept.  Hell I don't even know who's in the band anymore, I'm waiting to see the liner notes of CD so I might finally be able to get some answers.

Edit - hmm thinking about this some more, or was it the Blues where Robin did the solo??  Fuck I dont' even know anymore.  Why can't we have one fucken lead guitarist and one rytham guitarist and just keep them for longer than 5 mins.

OK. Fair enough. I hear ya. Bucket is doing the part before those synth sounds you're talking about, before Robin's bluesy-style solo. You can hear the killswitch in there too.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Aussie wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Is that a joke?

No, I've got completely no idea.  I know (or at least I thought) Robin did that solo after those stupid gurgling water noises, but I wouldn't have any idea about who has done what other parts.  Could be Brain May or Paul Huge for all I know. 

I've totally lost track of who has done what on which version and what has been recorded over by who and when and what's been kept.  Hell I don't even know who's in the band anymore, I'm waiting to see the liner notes of CD so I might finally be able to get some answers.

Edit - hmm thinking about this some more, or was it the Blues where Robin did the solo??  Fuck I dont' even know anymore.  Why can't we have one fucken lead guitarist and one rytham guitarist and just keep them for longer than 5 mins.

OK. Fair enough. I hear ya. Bucket is doing the part before those synth sounds you're talking about, before Robin's bluesy-style solo. You can hear the killswitch in there too.

Ok cool cheers.  Did Finck do that solo in The Blues as well (sorry for dragging this off topic)

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Almost every Bucket solo has the kill switch even if its for just a second.  I wonder if he did this so he left a mark so it wouldn't be confused.  I think the killswitch is in every song.  I like the effect, as long as its not overdone.  So far, not overdone.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Almost every Bucket solo has the kill switch even if its for just a second.  I wonder if he did this so he left a mark so it wouldn't be confused.  I think the killswitch is in every song.  I like the effect, as long as its not overdone.  So far, not overdone.

Unless I missed it, there's no killswitch in If The World or Prostitute, maybe not even Madagascar. (I'm going strictly by memory, it's been a couple days since I heard any one of them. My iPod's on shuffle.)

Yes, Aussie, I think Robin is The Blues guy.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I guess everybody has their own opinions, but honestly, I think its just a TINY bit overdone. Keep it in 2 songs or less in my opinion. Killswitch should add to the song not detract from it and most of the time with the exception of IRS and that shred part in Better, I don't think it's needed.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
-Jack- wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I guess everybody has their own opinions, but honestly, I think its just a TINY bit overdone. Keep it in 2 songs or less in my opinion. Killswitch should add to the song not detract from it and most of the time with the exception of IRS and that shred part in Better, I don't think it's needed.

Fair enough... I forgot about the new songs.  I think Bucked didn't want to be lost in the shuffle.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

The name of the track really doesn't match anything Guns N' Roses.  Most (if not all) GNR songs are first-person stories, feelings, and perceptions.  Something named Shackler's Revenge or Atlas Shrugged is unusual because it gives me the impression that the songs are more epic and are from a different point of view.  That keeps bringing me back to the idea of a concept album.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

more details about the track:

- I was told by a producer that the song starts out "in a really low register, really different than I've ever heard him sing in.  I was almost wondering if it was actually Axl, but then he breaks into the familiar high voice and I knew it was him."

- Said it sounds "almost like something Marilyn Manson would produce"

- Said it's actually pretty poppy despite the industrial sound, and you'll catch yourself humming it after it's done.  Said there's a crazy solo in the middle that's really fun to play in the game.

This is starting to sound more and more like Better.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Where is that info coming from? I'm starting to get a little worried that it could be Better... I mean, it's always been suspect that there's a track we've never heard of before on the album. Although Better is Robin written, more than Bucket written from all we've heard. And the lyrics in Better aren't that far off from something about revenge. It's as angry as he gets in relation to Steph on the leaks.

Marilyn Manson produces pure shit, so I hope that's off the mark.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

Marilyn Manson would never produce Better, so dont worry. If anything, its a super reworked version of better with alternate lyrics.

Board footer