You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Shackler's Revenge: REALLY confirmed

faldor wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Why? 14

Because a Guns N' Roses song is being released? Do you not see that or what?

At this point I couldn't give two shits quite frankly. There will be almost no surprise by the time the album comes out, if it EVER comes out.

If you want to be surprised, try not listening to the leaks next time around.  Then you've got no chance of ruining your "surprise factor".  Some people, you just can't satisfy.

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:

Wow, it really looks like something is actually happening for once.  Of course, i'm not getting my hopes up too much, but it'll be great if it does come out this year.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Seems like this thing is about as official as it gets.  I wonder if we'll get an official announcement from the band, and if so if there'll be anything further.  You would think so, but then again this IS GNR.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

It is fairly obvious they are waiting to try and release the album in late Nov. We may get two singles before the album release. 15 Captain Obvious chimes in again.....:buckethead:

Actually, and this positivity coming from me is actually insane, but not only do I agree, I think it could be released before November. Rock Band is coming in September. Azoff(and Uni) cant possibly be dumb enough to let the massive buzz(and sales) of that game pass them by. CD becomes a  chart topper coinciding with that game. Casual fans and kids may buy or download the album just from hearing that one song on the game. As long as Uni's got the album and Axl is willing to unleash this beast, we're going to be getting it very soon.

If Axl doesn't immediately capitalize on Rock Band, he might as well not even release the album. This is the album's real chance at platinum. They better take it.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

Because a Guns N' Roses song is being released? Do you not see that or what?

At this point I couldn't give two shits quite frankly. There will be almost no surprise by the time the album comes out, if it EVER comes out.

If you want to be surprised, try not listening to the leaks next time around.  Then you've got no chance of ruining your "surprise factor".  Some people, you just can't satisfy.

No, don't get me wrong. I am by no means disappointed with the leaks. I actually like them a lot more than some of the folks around here who have been whining that there's not enough hard stuff on CD. But at the moment, I've got bigger and better shit to worry about (The Dark Knight) so this GN'R thing is more amusing to me than anything else. The title of Shackler's Revenge sounds like it should be a badass song and if it's on a GH game then I'm sure there's some great guitar work on it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:
buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I also don't think the bring back BH cries are quite as loud as you want to think they are

When you have some free time, go to every site except HTGTH and lurk through all the various leak threads.

The cries were loud, and you can bet the GNR camp recognized it...

I've seen a few people make a lot of posts about him.  Pretty substantial difference.

James Lofton wrote:

Do we really KNOW it's a BH tune?

Does he have to sign up here and swear on a stack of bibles its his tune? How much more proof is needed?

He's all over the tracks we've already heard and clearly wrote a chunk of them, yet we're gonna be in denial regarding one more tune?

I have no doubt that the song came in as a BH tune, the question is where is it today?  I highly doubt that Axl took a complete BH song and just added his lyrics to it.  There has to be a role for Pitman, Dizzy, at least 2 other guitarists, etc.  What it was may not at all represent what it is.  That's all I'm saying.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

At this stage is just assumption that this will be the first single? Mysteron's confirmed a few things, is that one of them or are people just guessing that'll be the first single?

Admittedly it's an educated guess given most people want to play tracks on these games that they already know, so there's a good chance this song will have been heard prior to the games release.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Well, buckethead's Jordan was unknown to everyone but BH fans, and it went on to become the most-talked about song of Guitar Hero. His shows sell out now and younger fans now dominate his concerts and online forums. So, an unheard song can be a success and can draw in the crowd GNR no doubt covets.

Board footer