You are not logged in. Please register or login.

curro
 Rep: 7 

Re: Richard fortus reuniting with Pale divine

curro wrote:

GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist RICHARD FORTUS To Reunite With Former Band PALE DIVINE - July 13, 2008
According to a posting on the GUNS N' ROSES fan site GnrDaily.com, GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Richard Fortus will reunite with his old band PALE DIVINE on December 29 at the Pageant in St Louis, Missouri.

PALE DIVINE was a local St. Louis band who later changed its name to THE EYES. The four-piece alternative group independently released "Freedom In A Cage", which was produced by David Probst. They became hugely popular for their live shows as they mixed their originals with underground covers from such bands as RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS and BAUHAUS. Drawing from the likes of JIMI HENDRIX and STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN, the flamboyant and original Fortus led THE EYES into being a premiere act dominated by their dark image, high energy, and fantastically produced sound. They were eventually signed by Atlantic Records and subsequently toured the U.S. with THE PSYCHEDELIC FURS in support of their only album, "Straight To Goodbye".

-----------------------------------------------

From mygnr.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Hugely popular??

This sounds like a one show reunion so doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

However, it does show he has a blank schedule leading right up to that date.

We basically have confirmation GNR will not be touring in December, or at least the end of December.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

not neccessarily - we only for sure know that gnr won't be touring with richard in december based on the info given. james please check your inbox.

nugdafied wrote:

So what, did Fortus just join the furs after he met them on that tour? Also, how ironic that a guy from St. Louis would end up in fakeGNR. I wonder if fakeGNR had ever turned into a relavent band, if they'd of been let back in St. Louis for a Fortus homecoming show?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Since Richard is now part of Guns N Roses does the ban in St Louis extend to him?

or is the ban just on Axl? 16

Did VR play any gigs in St Louis?

nugdafied wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Since Richard is now part of Guns N Roses does the ban in St Louis extend to him?

or is the ban just on Axl? 16

Did VR play any gigs in St Louis?

I think VR played St. Louis real early on during their first club tour.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

to answer my own question, and to eleaborate on nugdafied's post, yes they did

Date: May 13, 2004
Venue: The Pageant
Support Act: Silvertide
Additional Info: This was the band's first 'official' show in 2004, kicking off a 2-month U.S. tour.

Set List
Sucker Train Blues
Do it for the Kids
Headspace
Crackerman
Illegal I
It's so Easy
Fall To Pieces
Big Machine
Set Me Free
Used To Love Her
Slither
Sex Type Thing
Mr. Brownstone
Negative Creep

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I don't care about Fortus.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

If we're actually going to get a legitimate song from GNR this year, why are people leaving the band?  I wonder if Tobias is back in the mix...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Backslash wrote:

If we're actually going to get a legitimate song from GNR this year, why are people leaving the band?  I wonder if Tobias is back in the mix...

It is quite odd that for the first time this thing's had a legit shot at launching since 2002, current members are making other plans. Finck's gone, Bumble just recorded an album, and Fortus is reuniting with ancient unknown bands.

Anyone know what Frank's doing besides posting fake CD covers on myspace?

As far as Tobias, he is currently working on an album with Mank Rage, but like everyone likes to say.....

plans change...

Board footer