You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Richard fortus reuniting with Pale divine

monkeychow wrote:

Its all very wierd. The Album looks like its comming out, and yet the band looks like it has moved on.

Is it possible for them to release it with no tour. I mean given recording is done and these guys are basicly just session players...if there is no tour...i guess the album can be released and it has no effect on them.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Is it possible for them to release it with no tour.

Most definitely. Years ago at HTGTH me and madagas, neemo, sic,etc. used to theorize about a strategy such as that. He could launch this thing as GNR, yet only do a promotional tour. I'm not talking concerts either. Letterman, Leno, Larry King, Oprah( 18 ), host SNL, celebrity judge on Iron Chef, list goes on. When you factor in the legacy and how a new(or new old) lineup alters it. Axl can soften the "blow" of any hits to the GNR name because the pre CD blitz and the post CD promotion time would only focus on him. He is GNR. Yeah tons of musicians on the album, but so many other things would be discussed with him(because of the rare media appearances in years) people aren't gonna be asking about Bumble, Fortus,Finck,etc.

A strategy such as that would only work for one album. No way is anyone from the 2001-08 lineup(including Bumble and Frank) gonna want to sit back for years while none of it revolves around them. Why should they?

This is an interesting time to be a fan. Almost anything can happen, and probably will.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

GNR could always do a small venue tour and wait for a festival to (co)headline, which
would be smarter with the actual release of CD to expose the music to more people.

Supporting the album, tour wise, should be done different than past Chinese Democracy
tours.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

Maybe he's fulfilling his contract, or just getting it of his chest by releasing it without touring behind it. Once this thing is out of the way, the road to a real reunion is open. Especially if they only play one or two songs from the album live (like The Blues & Madagascar, not having a real "bucket" part) afterwards.

If this thing gets released without a tour, I'm ordering reunion hats. If they tour the album, a reunion might be a long way off.

Sky Dog wrote:

Richard is playing 1 show in a bar in St Louis. Not something that would get in the way of a major headlining tour behind an album that has been in the works for 14 years. 14  I believe U2 released there last album late in the year and did not tour until the spring after. It was at least 3 months between release and tour. They did do promotional stuff.

ps I also think they should do 5000 seat theatres-a tour of classic venues with great sound and energy. However, if the first single is popular, they will be right back in arenas.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

I believe U2 released there last album late in the year and did not tour until the spring after. It was at least 3 months between release and tour. They did do promotional stuff.

I remember that. Listened to a really great radio interview where U2 answered questions from fans and played songs from that album(songs hadn't been heard yet).

Man, the buzz for that album was massive. I barely found a copy.:haha:

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

A lot of big bands do it that way, release the album, do some promo and guest appearances, and then it's usually by the 2nd or 3rd single they start the tour.

Tours for albums don't usually begin until after the album is out, they certainly don't begin 6 years before the album is out 16

Sky Dog wrote:

that was funny....:laugh:

Board footer