You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Guns N' Roses Official Site Updated

James wrote:

GN'R to get 'Revenge' on Rock Band 2

Get ready for "Shackler's Revenge." The track from the upcoming Guns N' Roses album Chinese Democracy will appear on the video game Rock Band 2, slated for release for the Xbox 360 platform in September.

The news was announced Monday morning by Harmonix president and CEO Alex Rigopulos at Microsoft's press conference at E3 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. In addition to "Shackler's Revenge," Rock Band 2 will feature songs by Bob Dylan, Metallica, Pearl Jam and the Grateful Dead among the 80-plus songs on the playlist.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

That was quick, I was just on there about 20 minutes ago to see if the official site had any mention of it and there was nothing.

Looks like wheels are finally in motion. Can't say I'm all that excited though really.

James

James wrote:

Would like to mention I find it odd that the first major news in this lineup's history doesn't include a photo of the band.

Its just Axl.

The promotional wheels are now turning...

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

There have been so many people coming and going from GN'R over the years, getting a solidified 'group' shot would be quite difficult... hehehe

This is pretty big news though - an actual official release of new music from GN'R.
It's a smart move to aim at all the young gamer kiddies too. Definitely good exposure for them.

I find it funny though, a few years ago I would've been REALLY excited about news like this, but now I'm just like yeah, whatever...

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Would like to mention I find it odd that the first major news in this lineup's history doesn't include a photo of the band.

Its just Axl.

The promotional wheels are now turning...

no sugnature is what popped out for me

James

James wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I find it funny though, a few years ago I would've been REALLY excited about news like this, but now I'm just like yeah, whatever...

Its just anticlimactic. People realize its just an album like any other. Its now being promoted like a real album as well.

The mystery has faded for various reasons and now that the universe didn't explode like expected years ago, fans now have realistic expectations. I see nothing wrong with that.

I really have a feeling Axl is taking this in a NIN direction. No mention of him, no mention of band members, and just a pic of him and of course the name GNR everywhere.

Bring it on.....

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Its kind of like a long shitty hand job waiting for a nut, we are almost there.  When we should be happy, we are really just relieved we don't have t wait anymore.  Bring on the Sex!

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

no mention of a radio single or album. not bitchin by any means, just find it interesting. dr pepper needs to reassert itself. cool

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Haha, it's ripped right off the initial announcement. Why am I not surprised? 16

Azoff has at least pulled off something.

The good thing about an official release is that we finally get to see how the public will really receive it. Joe Burger don't give a shit about leaks.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Good point polluxlm....

I hope the reaction is better than Oh My God....  Oh My God that was Awful.

Board footer