You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Guns N' Roses Official Site Updated

misterID wrote:

Haha, I was just thinking about all those little punks at HTGTH (you all know the ones
I'm talking about, with their double and triple count posts nut huggers that's ruined a
few forums with their completely obnoxious and delusional Axl worship... Along with those
Others who know better) who just jumped on board like the Johnny come lately
fans that they are. They didn't have to tred through the wastelands of 2000, 2003, 2004
and 2005 and these fuckers get the album after what, a year or two of waiting? Fuck em.

Now we all know bitter, I mean better.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
madagas wrote:

ps what I mean with the tracklist and as I have said hundreds of times before, tracklists can be changed literally up until 3-4 weeks before release. Since we still don't have a release date and are probably a few months from any possibility of a release, the tracklist is open for change and thus the style of the album can change as well.:/ The band needs to fit the style of the album.

Good point.

The choice of Shackler's Revenge as the first single also sets up certain anticipations. Without actually hearing the track its hard to say, but it looks to be a quite solid rocker. That track will have the unenviable duty to represent the whole of CD to the masses, which means it shouldn't write checks the album can't cash.

You don't represent an album full of ballads with a Bucket rocker, that's insane.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I believe the website was updated as an afterthought when enough people suggested it at HTGTH to Mysteron. And what a great job they did of it.

At some point the mystery surrounding this album needs to be lifted and replaced by some enthusiasm and passion from the band.  For some of them this has been their life for the past 10yrs or so. For Axl its arguably his career defining moment

Letting the gaming company have their moment of glory is all very well, but how dull would it be if all we got was a few songs with no 'commentary' or excitement to go alongside it?

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Dreamline wrote:

Awesome to see news like that up no the site finally.  I really hope this is just a tie-in though, and not the way the single will actually be released.  I'm assuming that something will be available through i-tunes at least (or maybe one of the Rock band/Mtv/GNR sites), but I want a physical disc of this.

Not everyone plays games.  Not everyone uses itunes and downloads songs.  If they want to get the GNR name back to the household word it was before, they need to make this available in any many forms as possible and reach as many fans and potential fans as possible.

Anyway, fuck it.  I'm excited! 9

A physical single? Are you joking? No one does actual discs for singles anymore, at least not in the US, they aren't profitable. Maybe everyone doesn't play Rock Band or download songs, but that's been the best way to gain exposure and make money in this millenium. Driving to a store to pick up a disc with 2-3 songs on it, now that is something everyone doesn't do.

The best we can hope for is a download from the site that includes liner notes for the track - although I think what we'll get is an iTunes download, one track, with cover artowrk.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

I still think a smart move would be a one day free download.  Now I'm sure the video game wants first crack at exposure and may be part of a contract.  If that's the case the ideal situation would be no leak of SR before the game is released.  Let the game be sold on the shelf for a few days and then release the single for free either on itunes or gunsnroses.com

After one day charge .99 cents for the download and let the money start rolling in via game sales and downloads.

Pearl Jam released WWS on their last album for free for a limited time and their album did very well compared to today's standards.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:
ereeper wrote:

I still think a smart move would be a one day free download.  Now I'm sure the video game wants first crack at exposure and may be part of a contract.  If that's the case the ideal situation would be no leak of SR before the game is released.  Let the game be sold on the shelf for a few days and then release the single for free either on itunes or gunsnroses.com

After one day charge .99 cents for the download and let the money start rolling in via game sales and downloads.

Pearl Jam released WWS on their last album for free for a limited time and their album did very well compared to today's standards.

i think maybe gunsnroses.com might crash with all use forum freaks downloading the free version lol

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Might as well give us a good free version since we will all get it for free anyway via leak....

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Bring it on!

It's going to be a lot harder for them to turn back now.  It sounds like negotiations are over and the album is done and handed in.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

It really says a lot about the unheard material that a completley unheard of song is going to be the first single off of Chinese Democracy.  It's also great that there are more rockers on this album than what we've heard. 

Bring BH back!

Think Axl would get mad if one of us went to a GNR show holding up a "Where's Bucket?" sign?  16

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
Saikin wrote:

It really says a lot about the unheard material that a completley unheard of song is going to be the first single off of Chinese Democracy.  It's also great that there are more rockers on this album than what we've heard. 

Bring BH back!

Think Axl would get mad if one of us went to a GNR show holding up a "Where's Bucket?" sign?  16

"He's in my ass, that's where bucket is. Fuckhead.  Go home."

Board footer