You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Re: Random Robin Thoughts

Slashisvr wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don't see how he could invest so much (70 songs just by 1999) and not want to see everything
he worked on come to fruition. The only reason I could see him want to leave is if indeed Bucket
came back into the fold.

If he's gone I say call up Dave Navarro and move on. That really pains me to say that but at this
point, with everything being as close as it is, I'd rather see the band move on than try and wait for
someone to come around again. There's no doubt in my mind the album has been delayed since
2004 because of trying to get Buckethead back. sad

what was the deal with navarro anyway? did he just add his talents to OMG and not join the band or what?

did him an axl fall out?

i mean navarro could be an exceptional replacement...for the tour, but what terms would him and axl be on?

listen to all this, its insane....no one knows who's in the band fully, its a business, this has become like football in the UK, buying players to replace players....its sad to see

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

Navarro is an interesting option.  I know he played TWAT on a recent radio show.  Maybe he wants in the band.  I think we will no a lot more in the coming season with just a little patience.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I remember reading a long time ago on CDNOW.com that Navarro was very close to being
brought in but I'm thinking that was the time Robin left and then came back... They even
had a quote from the management, I think Goldstein, about how much they liked him and
that he was on top of the list. But I think he was still going through hs heroin addiction at
the time and that's what nixed it. That was the rumor anyway.

Neemo, can you validate that? 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

From what i remember Dave was never interested in being in the band. He just played on that Track as a favour to Axl cuz he was in a tough spot and needed the track finished and Robin had bailed on him right before

But as far as i know it was only a one shot deal and neither party ever had any intentions of it being more than that.

Again i dunno where i read that but i know i read it somewhere .... sic.? 16

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
ereeper wrote:

With all that's happened over the last few weeks there has been more bucket talk then Robin which

I know there are a fair share of Robin critics.  I've been a fan since he has been in GN'R.  I remember thinking in 02 that I would probably favor bucket live, but Robin stole the show in Chicago.  Not that bucket was poor or bad or anything, I just really dug Robin's stage presence that night when I got to see GN'R for the first time .

Seriously, I was at that show, and it was Bucket love I was feeling. People audibly booed during parts of Robin's solos in my section.

ereeper

ereeper wrote:

I don't remember any booing from my seats.  Ofcourse I was on Robin's side of the stage too.  I haven't watched the DVR in awhile, but can't recall any booing on that either.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
ereeper wrote:

I don't remember any booing from my seats.  Ofcourse I was on Robin's side of the stage too.  I haven't watched the DVR in awhile, but can't recall any booing on that either.

He's been booed everywhere.I doubt your one show was the exception.:haha:

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I didn't notice much reaction at all at the show I went to. People went crazy for Jungle, SCOM, PC, and looked somewhat bored during the new songs, and when Robin did his solo it was just beer time.

I'd say it was apathy and boredom more than dislike.

ereeper

ereeper wrote:

I've seen the new band three times.  I never heard anyone give Robin shit.  I did hear some people give BH shit during his breakdance routine.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the show in toronto in 06 was pretty dead...but it didnt healp that they didnt go on until after 1:00 on a monday night 17

Board footer