You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

Re: Which lead guitarist do you prefer for the future?

ereeper wrote:

My Robin thread made me think that this is a good time for this poll.

ereeper

ereeper wrote:

I picked BH and Finck.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Bucket and Finck. As much of the 2001 lineup as possible should reap the benefits of this. The least it will do is bring more attention to their solo careers.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

BH and Finck, no doubt. They complement each other perfectly. One is loose and rocky, the other structured and metallic. Being 2 on lead also takes the heat of them individually when the inevitable Slash comparisons arrive. It also creates the perception of a new band instead of just a replacement band.

Want to throw in Paul there as well. He is not really needed, but he's like a little Izzy to me. A true new gunner. Never wanted the glory or fame. That is also what made him quit, so it's basically just a pipe dream.

Sky Dog wrote:

Bucket/Finck for new Gnr....that is all you need actually. Slash/Izzy for old Gnr.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Bucket and Finck.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

ereeper

ereeper wrote:

That's the way I am too Russ.  I can do without the whole ninja scheme and toy handout, but he kicks ass in the studio.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

Heh, I voted Slash, 'cause that's just my ultimate (GNR related) fantasy smile.

Other than that, a few remarks:
  - No BBF love at all, or so it seems?
  - I have been silent about this for as long as I could bite my tongue, but (although I hugely respect him) I don't get the Bucket drooling all of the sudden. The newest leaks seem to be the worst of the whole lot (in my opinion) and none of their guitar parts actually blow me away. I absolutely adore some of Bucket's solo work, and I realise he brings nice touches to the GNR material but it still doesn't excel or shine in any way.

James has repeatedly stated that you can't hate buckethead unless you hate the new material. Although I don't see strong evidence suggesting these are all bucket songs (sincerely hope not), I do understand what he's trying to say with that. I have to say that I really do like buckethead, I just don't like newGNR's (his?) songs.

So in short:
  Love old GNR!
  Love Buckethead!
  Don't like new GNR!

Sky Dog wrote:

Where Bucket stands out to me on the new leaks:
1. TWAT solo
2. IRS solo, especially how he ends the solo.
3. The guitar flourishes and brief solo on Better.
4. IF The World's acoustic flamenco guitar and his electric solo has great tone to it-I assume that is him by the tone.
5. The solo on CD and it's aftermath-the underlying guitar flourishes under Axl's outro.

Board footer