You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Which lead guitarist do you prefer for the future?

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

ps the only track I potentially see him writing is If The World as it has an element of funk that only Bucket and Brain could pull off with this group of musicians.

Add Riyadh to your list as well. Its basically a Praxis tune.

where's bumble on that list?

Is he gone yet?

James

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:
ereeper wrote:

I didn't include BBF for this reason:

But ron is the only Lead Guitarist in the band

I'm sure some would disagree. Fortus and Ron haven't been showcased yet, and are apparently still in the band.

Agreed on BH and Ron being an interesting combo, but it would just be Ron adding shit to 10 year old songs, so its not really a combo.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

I think I would prefer Fortus on lead over BBF.  Although Fortus is best at rhythm.  Again if Fortus or BBF are the sole lead, any tour could be doomed.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I don't know why anyone would say they want Fortus on lead. All he's done is SHARE RHYTHM parts that HE DIDN'T WRITE. Is anyone really hearing something in the live rhythm performance, specifically Richard's half of it, that makes them say they want him on lead? Or is it all just because he "looks cool"?

I bet there are a dozen people on this site who could punch out the rhythm parts on AFD flawlessly, especially if they wer sharing the duty with another player.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I bet there are a dozen people on this site who could punch out the rhythm parts on AFD flawlessly, especially if they wer sharing the duty with another player.

Me...pick me!!!

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

I was just saying if I had to pick between BBF or Fortus, I would pick Fortus.  I would prefer neither and I would hope must fans would say the same of their favorite band.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
ereeper wrote:

I was just saying if I had to pick between BBF or Fortus, I would pick Fortus.  I would prefer neither and I would hope must fans would say the same of their favorite band.

not to really knock on fortus but hes more energy than talent...just cuz he windmills his arms and jumps around doesnt necessarily mean hes a good guitarist 16

as far as pure talent and ability you can't honestly say either robin or fortus can even hold a candle to ron...hell a comparison between Ron and BH is a damn close match...i dont care what any of you say...Ron is a fucking amazing musician and right on par with Bucket

Sky Dog wrote:

Fortus was the better solo/lead player at the shows I saw than Finck...much better actually and much closer to Slash in tone. Fortus' problem is that he does not fit with the new material...outside of the outro on the Blues which I think is nice. As a matter a fact, I find Richard a more fitting lead player than rhythm. His puchy rhythm style is not that attractive, but his lead style is much smoother and bluesier.

like his licks with Izzy on this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA_H14ybDRE

when your kicking ass with Izzy on classic Stones, you get bonus points.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah...I think Fortus is good from his solo spots..not his rhythm playing....it's clear he has some chops...blues rock with a little bit of speed and shreddy stuff too....

What i don't understand is why everyone except Neemo is so anti Ron?

Although I'll be the first to say I don't care much for his live tone (just the settings on his amp are not what i would set to - but hey thats a personal preference - he probably doesn't like the clothes I wear! lol)

But Ron is definately one of the most technical and formidable guitarists out there. He can pretty much handle anything thrown at him in a way that 90% of people you'd hire to be in GNR would not be able to.

I tell ya...Ron and Slash together would be awesome.

James

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

What i don't understand is why everyone except Neemo is so anti Ron?

It has nothing to do with being "anti- Ron". It has to do with liking songs that someone else appears on, and praising those contributions. I'm not going out of my way to praise someone not on any songs. That would be like me enjoying M.I.A.'s work on Kala but raving on Robin Hood instead. Not gonna happen.

Ron's work in GNR isn't gonna be praised by me(and others) until we hear a GNR song from him to praise. If its good, it will be praised.

I don't feel like praising Santa for the pinball machine I got when I was seven when I know damn well it was my mom and dad who ponied up for it.

Board footer