You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 197 

Re: GNR, Rock Band, the VMAs and 4 albums

PaSnow wrote:

This site's gotten more active, 12 pages in the thread & 21 in the 'Shacklers Revenge "REALLY" confirmed' thread.  Also though, I think leaks generate more activitely because people can discuss the song. Now, we can only discuss the possibility of getting the song & what that means.

-Jack-
 Rep: 37 

Re: GNR, Rock Band, the VMAs and 4 albums

-Jack- wrote:
madagas wrote:

what exactly are we suppose to say? Songs coming out.....just waiting for the leak!:beer:

No I definitely agree...

It's just GNR fans are always making something out of nothing.. so when it seems like there actually is SOMETHING about to happen, I'm surprised to see a thread with less replies than an average "Amazon with CD release date!" thread.

James
 Rep: 612 

Re: GNR, Rock Band, the VMAs and 4 albums

James wrote:

low level of activity? A third of this site's membership logs in daily to check for news and/or post. I triple dog dare anyone to find any site no matter how big or small with a 33% daily log in rate besides this one, and thats not counting guests that walk through here.

Google anything with Shackler in it and this site pops right up near the top.

Thats not my definition of "low activity".

-Jack-
 Rep: 37 

Re: GNR, Rock Band, the VMAs and 4 albums

-Jack- wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

low level of activity? A third of this site's membership logs in daily to check for news and/or post. I triple dog dare anyone to find any site no matter how big or small with a 33% daily log in rate besides this one, and thats not counting guests that walk through here.

Google anything with Shackler in it and this site pops right up near the top.

Thats not my definition of "low activity".

Oh, really I had no idea about actual login counts, I just mean post numbers. Either way, I wasn't positive one way or the other, it just felt like there was less activity than I would associate with the possibility of GNR putting out 4 albums, playing the VMAs, and finally getting CD out. If there was a video like this a year ago or even more back I would think the forums would have exploded. Sign of the times I guess.

Good to know that everyone is just hovering over the threads waiting though

James
 Rep: 612 

Re: GNR, Rock Band, the VMAs and 4 albums

James wrote:

Oh I agree it seems a bit tame when compared to the 06 leak craze, but the sites are active. Most people just want the album now. You'll see discussions regarding Shackler and whatever else, but CD is concern number one. The closer we get to that, activity will rise. Everyone and their grandma wants to review this album, and every site will see an increase in membership.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: GNR, Rock Band, the VMAs and 4 albums

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Oh I agree it seems a bit tame when compared to the 06 leak craze, but the sites are active. Most people just want the album now. You'll see discussions regarding Shackler and whatever else, but CD is concern number one. The closer we get to that, activity will rise. Everyone and their grandma wants to review this album, and every site will see an increase in membership.

I wasn't on because i saw the Dark Knight at midnight.:mosh:

This forum has been very busy.  Then again, this forum has always had very good levels of activity when compared to others.

misterID
 Rep: 454 

Re: GNR, Rock Band, the VMAs and 4 albums

misterID wrote:

ANd also, there's a lot at HTGTH that members are banned from talking about. That's not the way it was there during the 06 leaks... Well so much. Not as bad as it is now. So I wouldn't use that site as a way of surveing fan interest. And going with what was said before, I've noticed a lot of people have joined here since the news broke and are discussing it here.

James
 Rep: 612 

Re: GNR, Rock Band, the VMAs and 4 albums

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

ANd also, there's a lot at HTGTH that members are banned from talking about. That's not the way it was there during the 06 leaks... Well so much. Not as bad as it is now. So I wouldn't use that site as a way of surveing fan interest. And going with what was said before, I've noticed a lot of people have joined here since the news broke and are discussing it here.

I'm surprised people aren't joining here in droves. The intelligence level here is off the hook. 14


13

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Re: GNR, Rock Band, the VMAs and 4 albums

Locomotive98 wrote:
misterID wrote:

ANd also, there's a lot at HTGTH that members are banned from talking about. That's not the way it was there during the 06 leaks... Well so much. Not as bad as it is now. So I wouldn't use that site as a way of surveing fan interest. And going with what was said before, I've noticed a lot of people have joined here since the news broke and are discussing it here.

Theyre a weird lot over there, it seems their more interested in bashing Slash still for being in GH3 than the fact a new single has been announced (on RB2 ironically). Its sad to watch them flame Slash for being popular - its just the same nerds over and over again hoping for Jarmo to sort them backstage passes or whatever - if we say what they want us to say then maybe we'll get noticed and get a free scented candle. Theyre not allowed to discuss most of whats happening in GNR these days so they just carry on bashing the band that made them fans in the first place - if anyone retaliates to their nonsense, its a case of 'Get over it, those guys quit years ago, its not 1987!'. Funny, because thats all they seem (be allowed) to 'discuss'. That and Axl's 'hair'.

Its good to see some of the more sensible, normal folk from there, and elsewhere come over here for objective discussions and the ability to read about what actually happens in GNR land than be blinkered or given crap filtered information. They couldnt even mention the new leaks over there. 16

Sorry if I went off on a tangent, I just went over there and its enraged me Bruce Banner style.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: GNR, Rock Band, the VMAs and 4 albums

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB