You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Re: GNR, Rock Band, the VMAs and 4 albums

Dreamline wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

But see that right there is the problem strat.

If it's so fake, why would they bother addressing it and asking them to take it down. If it's not valid, why even address it? The only people giving them evem MORE attention is Harmonix.

It seems more and more this is damage control - not fake.

I'm also leaning toward this being damage control.  I did some searching for that youtube video and couldn't find it at all (other than through the links posted here).  So, it definitely wasn't widespread.  Yet, despite that, Harmonix took it off their site and are calling attention to it by denying it.  If it really was fake, why not just ignore it because not many people even knew about it anyway.

And if I understand Strat's post correctly, some Harmonix guys admitted the guy was an employee, yet the official word is that he's not?  That's sounds odd.  You can claim what he said was bullshit, but when you give conflicting answers about whether the guy works for you or not, my bullshit detector starts beeping.

And like I mentioned before, I've worked for games companies the past 4 or so years and have heard various "secrets" about projects that I'm not even involved with.  IF (big "if") this guy works for harmonix, it's 100% possible that he knows or has heard more than us.

But again, the actual content of what he said is not much different than what you could put together with a little research and guesswork.  So really, who knows? hmm

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

If it's so fake, why would they bother addressing it and asking them to take it down. If it's not valid, why even address it? The only people giving them evem MORE attention is Harmonix.

they are addressing it because this could piss off gnr/gnr management and they might pull out the new song from the game because they consider harmonix/rock band fucked up because of this.

harmonix doesn't want that to happen because one of the highlights of this game release is that it has a new guns n' roses song on it, officially released. the last time a gnr song was officially released was oh my god ten years ago.

harmonix is playing it safe given the fact that they know gnr can pull out of something without blinking, look at the harley davidson/better situation.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
supaplex wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

they are addressing it because this could piss off gnr/gnr management and they might pull out the new song from the game because they consider harmonix/rock band fucked up because of this.

harmonix doesn't want that to happen because one of the highlights of this game release is that it has a new guns n' roses song on it, officially released. the last time a gnr song was officially released was oh my god ten years ago.

harmonix is playing it safe given the fact that they know gnr can pull out of something without blinking, look at the harley davidson/better situation.

That's what Sean(the employee who confirmed it as fake) said. Harmonix doesn't want anyone to think that they're employees are stupid enough to go around leaking important info. And as for them being mad I would be too. The guy gave Harmonix a bad rep. Even if it was true the journalist recorded something that was off the record and posted it. That's a huge no no for any respectable journalist.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

That's a huge no no for any respectable journalist.

Wasn't he just a forum guy?

I don't think he was a journalist. If he was he would be way smarter.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

A journalist would ever post something "off the record". He wouldn't do it, because he'd never fucking work again in the business. It's about the most unethical thing one can do as a journalist.

It's just some fanboy fucktard.

As for Hamonix being scared of GN'R pulling the song... heh... if the song is in the game, the papers are already signed. GN'R are on this ship, whether they like it or not.

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Big Gun wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The only thing that worries me is things are once again so extrememly silent, despite the big news.

And in the GN'R camp, no news = NOTHING is happening.

silence says a lot, nothing's set in stone regarding the album.  if we dont hear anything by the end of august /begining of sept. i think we can forget this year.

anyway i'm looking forward to hear Metallicas new album. specially The Unforgiven III   14

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I would have preferred they did One Two.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't see the silence as a problem. I mean, really, they just had a pretty big anouncement,
especially for this band. And we all know good and well this band doesn't make any kind of
update or let out any bit of info unless they HAVE to. They rely on a board member to give out
information to the fans in pretty vague terms. And it wasn't until AFTER we already knew GNR
was going to be on RB2 that they gave a statement about that.

This silence ain't no big deal.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don't see the silence as a problem. I mean, really, they just had a pretty big anouncement,
especially for this band. And we all know good and well this band doesn't make any kind of
update or let out any bit of info unless they HAVE to. They rely on a board member to give out
information to the fans in pretty vague terms. And it wasn't until AFTER we already knew GNR
was going to be on RB2 that they gave a statement about that.

This silence ain't no big deal.

Agreed. I see it as no big deal. I guess it is our nature, as GNR fans, though to be pessimistic and worry.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Just tried to watch a few live vids... Chinese Democracy live and i get this

the Chinese government has had it (the sound) removed by youtube (censorship)so as to not provoked more protest for the human rights violation committed by Communist regime.its because of the Olympics. so as to limit bad publicity. I don't know if this would even reach you before it gets erased by youtube in order to comply with chinese officials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO-GS-lMzuQ

I know its not for real,  its cuz of a copyright issue... which leads me to think now that this material is now gonna be released..

Board footer