You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

Re: GNR, Rock Band, the VMAs and 4 albums

gavgnr wrote:

I wonder if there are a couple of posters in this thread that have Shackler's Revenge and other songs?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

I wonder if there are a couple of posters in this thread that have Shackler's Revenge and other songs?

I doubt it...most folks on this board are pretty straight up about what they have and what they don't. 3

kingoffspring
 Rep: 1 

monkeychow wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

I doubt it...most folks on this board are pretty straight up about what they have and what they don't. 3

what kind of sick bastard would toy with the fans.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:
kingoffspring wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

what kind of sick bastard would toy with the fans.

I believe those with tracks are a little concerned about ramifications. Gone are the days, so it seems, that a leaker would receive merely an ear-drum bashing from Beta during a phone-call.

This time around, Guns really are... gonna need the FBI!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

And a good defense lawyer will quickly get ANY case the FBI, GN'R, the label or the RIAA puts against them thrown out.

Despite intellectual ownership, you can't copyright UNRELEASED material, demos, etc.

And they know that.

It's a scare tactic. If the album was officially out, in stores, they'd have a much larger legal leg to stand on if they went after someone for criminal or legal action.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

And a good defense lawyer will quickly get ANY case the FBI, GN'R, the label or the RIAA puts against them thrown out.

Despite intellectual ownership, you can't copyright UNRELEASED material, demos, etc.

And they know that.

It's a scare tactic. If the album was officially out, in stores, they'd have a much larger legal leg to stand on if they went after someone for criminal or legal action.

You can copyright unreleased material, but you don't have much of a leg to stand on because you never offered it to the public, and those with access to it aren't making a profit from it.

The FBI thing is bullshit. Lawyers playing games with fans waiting on this is logical, the FBI raiding peoples houses over dated Simply Red tracks is delusional.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, good points.

Last time I checked the Feds weren't even really cracking down all that much on piracy anymore. The scare tactics in the mid-2000's pretty much scared away most downloaders, and it costs so much money to tackle the problem of piracy, that they only go after big fish these days. They go after uploaders most of the time now.

The old stories back in the day of little old grandfathers getting $250,000 fines and probation for downloading music were PLANTED untrue stories to begin with.

I think the FBI story was plant by GN'R too.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer