You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Time to recommend some Bumble..........

James wrote:

A perfect chance for Bumble fans to show us what this guy brings to the table. I remember asking him in chat one time if he would recommend me some material so I could get a better understanding/appreciation of his music. He ignored the question. I would have actually bought whatever he recommended, but since he ignored what should have been an easy question, I just decided I don't give a shit and if I do, five finger discounts would be the norm.

Don't recommend mindless shred as we've all heard it. Would prefer not to take the easy way out and recommend entire albums. Post examples of songs.

Don't post links to official material. Just recommendations.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

listen to Normal. It's not all shredding. There are many well structured songs and great guitar playing on there.

James

James wrote:
alexh0618 wrote:

listen to Normal. It's not all shredding.

I'm not downloading a whole album just so I can get a microscopic taste of "non shredding". His emotionless shredding doesn't impress me. Thats why I asked for song recommendations.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

a guy that cant even promote himself.. lol.......

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

Oh, sorry I misread your post. 19

Off the top of my head, I recommend Rockstar for a Day, Simple Days, Breaking, I Can't Play the Blues, Real.....

I enjoy some of his shredding but the way he can structure a song is what I find to be the best about his music.

Also add the song Abnormal in there. You can download it free at bumblefoot.com

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

all i have is the noprmal album but there are some really cool tracks on it for a sampler? hmm

Normal
Real
Rockstar for a Day
Life Inside your Ass
Shadow

with Real and Rockstar being the top 2 IMO..every song on the album though has different things to offer

there is also that thing he did with Zakk Wylde on talking metal it's pretty cool non shredding stuff but its Zakk on Piano and singing with Ron on acousitc Guitar

Till The End - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3TTLB12P

anyway though there are lots of moments when there are shred parts on his albums but they are placed in songs not just entire songs of noodling..i'm not sure what you are expecting James but what i've heard is pretty cool stuff

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
mickronson wrote:

a guy that cant even promote himself.. lol.......

well ron is member here and a current member of GnR so i'd at least the people here at least show the guy a little respect, i'm not saying bow down and worship the thal throne or anything, but the guy is no slouch on guitar by any stretch of the imagination and hes a really cool guy from all the chats and stuff hes done with us

the bucket love on this forum has gone off the deep end lately IMO and all over a song we havent even heard yet..hell BH may not even be on shackler's revenge anyway...it may have been brought to the table by him but who knows what the end product on any of the album is gonna be

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Keep your cool, dude.

The first and foremost reason Ron is currently viewed in a slightly condescending manner next to Bucket is that Ron's not on the leaks as prominently as Bucket (if at all), Ron's not the one who wrote Shackler's Revenge (whether he performs on it is right now a moot point), and Ron's not the one who single-handedly turned the CD sessions around back in '00 and had Axl dive in and make a guitar album worthy of (if not similar to) Slash.

Bucket made a huge contribution to the CD saga. He left. We were left pissed.

Ron came in, is a talented bloke and seemingly an out n' out nice guy, but face it, he's still to earn his spurs as anything other than a live musician, a necessary attempt to fill the void Bucket left into the touring band. Before you go and say that he's recorded material for CD, I say fair enough, but the jury's still out on his contributions.

Come to think of it, Ron's situation actually reminds me of Fortus. And what about Paul Huge, the man without whom 'there would be no Guns N Roses'? Never gives interviews (check), recorded an insane amount of guitar parts (check), was replaced by a more approachable musician (check). Already he sounds like a soul mate to Bucket.

James

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i'm not sure what you are expecting James but what i've heard is pretty cool stuff

Electric Tears?

Colma?

Thats the kind of stuff.I hear people raving on Mount Everest about this guy, and this thread is for those ravings to be posted as song recommendations.

Bucket fans post song lists a mile long when asked for examples. Hoping to see something similar regarding Ron, but doubt it.

Gonna be on super high speed tonight, so keep these recommendations coming and I'll download it all.

Ron on acousitc Guitar

Now thats what I'm talking about.:thumbup:

the bucket love on this forum has gone off the deep end lately IMO and all over a song we havent even heard yet

No thats not why there is "Bucket love". There's appreciation for Bucket because he's all over every song we've heard with the 99 demos the exception, so props to Buckethead are expected by people who enjoy the songs.

I'm not gonna worship Punky Brewster when I know Punky Brewster isn't on a song I'm listening to.

Lets try not to turn this into a Bumble vs Bucket thing. This is where fans of Bumble can show us this wide range of music he does that people rave on.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
sic. wrote:

Keep your cool, dude.

The first and foremost reason Ron is currently viewed in a slightly condescending manner next to Bucket is that Ron's not on the leaks as prominently as Bucket (if at all), Ron's not the one who wrote Shackler's Revenge (whether he performs on it is right now a moot point), and Ron's not the one who single-handedly turned the CD sessions around back in '00 and had Axl dive in and make a guitar album worthy of (if not similar to) Slash.

Bucket made a huge contribution to the CD saga. He left. We were left pissed.

Ron came in, is a talented bloke and seemingly an out n' out nice guy, but face it, he's still to earn his spurs as anything other than a live musician, a necessary attempt to fill the void Bucket left into the touring band. Before you go and say that he's recorded material for CD, I say fair enough, but the jury's still out on his contributions.

Come to think of it, Ron's situation actually reminds me of Fortus. And what about Paul Huge, the man without whom 'there would be no Guns N Roses'? Never gives interviews (check), recorded an insane amount of guitar parts (check), was replaced by a more approachable musician (check). Already he sounds like a soul mate to Bucket.

i dont mean that to sound totally off the deepend , its not even really dierected at mickronson...kinda at everyone.....i'm just saying that give ron some slack already...playing guitar in GnR has to be the worst gig...no matter what you do its not as good as the previous guy...Ron's been sentenced and we dont even know what he has contributed :wtf:

anyway i'm not saying that we all have to kneel and kiss ron's feet, or that we arent allowed to applaud BH for his contributions (cuz what we have heard is pretty cool) ...I'm just saying give ron a chance, he's a hell of a guitarist and i'm sure anything he does for the CD sessions is gonna be cool 22

also a little tidbit i jsut remembered Ron initially re did some rythym stuff that sounded stale and dated..then after that he said he laid down some solos but didnt know what would make it...After that ron claimed that he will be on every song on CD....Axl said that Some of BH's stuff will be on the album for the Dr Pepper reply. Fortus is also goign ot appear on teh album in some capacity. Huge could be totally removed from the sessions or he may remain on some or all tracks...even though he is probably going to be featured prominantly inthe song writing credits he may not even have a single note on the album

anyway there have been numerous guitarists on this project i jsut dont think we should hatch our eggs and burn our brigdes before we know the whole story 19

Board footer