You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Time to recommend some Bumble..........

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

well ron is member here and a current member of GnR so i'd at least the people here at least show the guy a little respect, i'm not saying bow down and worship the thal throne or anything, but the guy is no slouch on guitar by any stretch of the imagination and hes a really cool guy from all the chats and stuff hes done with us

I'll assume this is mainly directed at me since I'm known as the "anti-Ron" guy(whatever the fuck that means).

I agree that he should at least be shown some respect for the fact he did join this site, and like you said, has done several chats in the past with the members here. While I don't like how he butchers Bucket's material and what little solo work I've heard didn't impress me, he is indeed a class act and deserves MAJOR kudos for being as fan friendly as he is.

From 1997-2008, this guy has shown more respect towards GNR fans than ANY member of the CD lineups, including Axl.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i'm not sure what you are expecting James but what i've heard is pretty cool stuff

Electric Tears?

Colma?

Thats the kind of stuff.I hear people raving on Mount Everest about this guy, and this thread is for those ravings to be posted as song recommendations.

Bucket fans post song lists a mile long when asked for examples. Hoping to see something similar regarding Ron, but doubt it.

i thought you didnt want whole album recommendations tongue 16 19

James Lofton wrote:

No thats not why there is "Bucket love". There's appreciation for Bucket because he's all over every song we've heard with the 99 demos the exception, so props to Buckethead are expected by people who enjoy the songs.

just cuz bucket appears on the songs doesnt mean that ron is a second rate guitarist.

bottom line...and i've said it since day one...there are people who prefer slash..there are peopel that prefer bucket...it seems to me that Ron is a nice medium between the 2. I prefer Ron's song writing cuz bucket seems to just be long ass solos or experimental weird stuff..and primus style songs seem to be the norm when he does havea vocalist...that kinda stuff isnt my thing

however i will say that electric tears is fucking brilliant so we agree there...

I dont want this to be a ron vs bucket thing...it doesnt need to be that way..hell maybe bh will come back and bh and bbf will be sharing the stage...that would be cool as hell 9

anyway even the who do you prefer for the lead guitarist poll...fucking BBF didnt even make it on the list...and hes a current lead guitarist for the damn band... I havent even voted in that cuz i like ron in gnr i think hes a good fit 17

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'll assume this is mainly directed at me since I'm known as the "anti-Ron" guy(whatever the fuck that means).

no not really...just at everyone in general... since you posted a bbf thread i thought id stick up for him 16

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

anyway sorry to derail the thread....just wanted to vent ...its hot as hell here and i have no A/C so i'm a tad iritable 16 please accept my apologies 19

James Lofton wrote:

Don't post links to official material. Just recommendations.

here are my recomendations from the Normal Album

Normal
Real
Rockstar for a Day
Life Inside your Ass
Shadow

then this is the talking metal jam...song in full mp3 format

Till The End - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3TTLB12P

James

James wrote:

Will be downloading all these tracks later tonight. Keep em coming.:rock:

just cuz bucket appears on the songs doesnt mean that ron is a second rate guitarist.

I don't really consider him "second rate", but when he cant properly play songs on the setlist, you're going to see people complain. At least a little.:haha:

In one of the very few times I even bothered saying anything to him, I told him I looked forward to hearing his fretless CD solo on an actual studio version of the song. I wasn't lying. I don't think Bucket needs to be removed from that track, but it would definitely be cool to hear Bumble's studio work on the song to see what he can do with it. That Finck solo on the song can lead to endless possibilities, and hearing what Ron does would/could be interesting.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I don't really consider him "second rate", but when he cant properly play songs on the setlist, you're going to see people complain. At least a little. 16

we've talked about his before but its kinda unfair to compare poor quality boots to studio tracks IMO

his rendition of dont cry was pretty cool too you gotta check that if you havent heard it 22

James

James wrote:

Oh I agree which is why I told him I was looking forward to that specific solo on the album. He isn't "butchering" Bucket on that specific track live. Its his own solo, which is why it has me intrigued.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Will be downloading all these tracks later tonight. Keep em coming.:rock:

I don't really consider him "second rate", but when he cant properly play songs on the setlist, you're going to see people complain. At least a little.:haha:

I remember catching a lot of flack for having the same complaint about Robin...

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

You won't find a Padmasana or Whitewash with Ron because that experiential stuff isn't really featured on his records. His songs, especially newer ones, are more of the hard/punk rock flavor.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I just would rather listen to a Bumblefoot album than a Buckethead album. It's not all about what's happening on guitar - I like the way Ron writes songs, they're generally upbeat, with a driving rhythm section and "fun" vocals (I don't quite know what that means, but it seems to apply). Then a shredder solo, in an uptempo song with other stuff happening, fits right in.

My fav bumblefoot track is 'Overloaded' off Normal. Then 'More'.

Buckethead music is never fun. His biggest problem.

Board footer