You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Time to recommend some Bumble..........

Rockstar For A Day
Wasted Away
Time
Overloaded
Breaking Away
Shadow

Actually, just d/l the Normal album; it's got a really great narrative running through it, and each song contributes to it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

concerning his technical ability, not about his catalouge when compared to Buckethead's (buckethead obviously with the superior overall catalouge)

I agree BH is a fucking animal when it comes to releaseing albums...he's gotta have some kind of record or something 16 but yeah BBF's tecchnical ability is out of this world.

Saikin wrote:

James, all i've really heard from him is the Talking Metal song with Zakk Wylde.  It really doesn't have any impressive guitar work or anything that really stands out besides Zakk's vocals and piano.

well he is buried a bit low in the mix but the solo spots he has are different from what you would expect from him...cool bluesy stuff, i think that is the kind of thing he was looking for for this exercise to show a bit of diversity...if you dont like it thats cool but at least ya checked it out and can have an informed opinion now 22

when you listen to bbf you gotta listen to the full songs you cant just play 30 seconds then skip cuz there is cool runs and riffs scattered throughout

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
WARose wrote:

delilah unplugged.

Now that sounds like something that might be up my alley. I'll have to look for that one.

Just got home and I'm listening to Normal. This first song blows. Gonna listen to this album on repeat today. Maybe there's a few treasures on this. His voice is grating though.

Edit: this 2nd track(Real) isn't too shabby.

James

James wrote:

Oh man. Where do I even start?

If you threw Green Day, Blink 182, C grade mid 80's Anthrax, and a tune Lenny Kravitz would have rejected into a blender, what do you get?

Normal.

I'm literally in total shock that this is the album Bumble lovers whip in the face of anyone who prefers Bucket. It just doesn't even come within a light year of anything Bucket does, and when Axl starts doing interviews, I hope at least one journalist has the balls to ask him what on earth made him pull the trigger on Ron.

Vai should have been the replacement of Bucket. For many reasons. There's just nothing on this album that could be considered special or mind blowing, so I'm gonna assume Ron was the only guitarist even close to the caliber of Bucket who would accept the job.

Only highlights are Real and Breaking. The rest is easily forgettable.

Not gonna give up yet as one album cant truly represent someone's work, but I cant hardly believe people rave on this.

Gonna have to check out that Unplugged album WaRose mentioned.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

James Lofton wrote:

Oh man. Where do I even start?

If you threw Green Day, Blink 182, C grade mid 80's Anthrax, and a tune Lenny Kravitz would have rejected into a blender, what do you get?

Normal.

I'm literally in total shock that this is the album Bumble lovers whip in the face of anyone who prefers Bucket. It just doesn't even come within a light year of anything Bucket does, and when Axl starts doing interviews, I hope at least one journalist has the balls to ask him what on earth made him pull the trigger on Ron.

Vai should have been the replacement of Bucket. For many reasons. There's just nothing on this album that could be considered special or mind blowing, so I'm gonna assume Ron was the only guitarist even close to the caliber of Bucket who would accept the job.

Only highlights are Real and Breaking. The rest is easily forgettable.

Not gonna give up yet as one album cant truly represent someone's work, but I cant hardly believe people rave on this.

Gonna have to check out that Unplugged album WaRose mentioned.

Well it's just not for you. I don't like Electric Tears. Doesn't mean BH should not be allowed in GN'R, it's my singular opinion on one album. Ron has speed that almost no one else available in 06 has, and it's needed to do Bucket's shredder stuff - I know you'll say he dies on Bucket stuff but I've yet to see any proof of that (I'll gladly take a link to an IRS solo you conider dreadful, though) - and he plays AFD fine enough, that's for sure.

He is a very well respected guitarist whether you like it or not.

And you can't expect a pop-rock album with some sweet guitar licks to be comparable to abstract avant garde stuff.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

like i said james now at least you've heard it and can comment on the material

anyway asides from electric tears i'm not overly fond of BH to be honest...

in any case it doesnt deny the fact that both men are huge guitar talents...hopefully even you cannot deny bbf's ability now  even though you may not like the material.

IMO normal is pretty good. not stellar or anything but pretty good, real is a really awesome tune and i like rockstar for a day as well....i prefer Zakk Wylde to both bh and bbf, doesnt mean anything though...some peopel dont care for Zakk at all but IMO BLS-Mafia is one of the greatest albums of this decade...maybe even one of the greatest in the past 2 decades...but i would think some peopel would disagree 16

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

another thing...yngwie malmsteen was billed as the worlds greatest guitarist forever...i think his material is shit personally...but you cant deny his ability 19

James

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I know you'll say he dies on Bucket stuff but I've yet to see any proof of that (I'll gladly take a link to an IRS solo you conider dreadful, though)

I don't have ANY 06-07 boots on my comp as they are dreadful, but an example would be Inland Invasion. Its like Axl onstage with a comedy routine. That thing Bucket does in Better before the metal jam isn't even attempted at those shows. Brain and Frank just pound the drums to make up for it.

Oh, and Pitman has sampled the CD intro, which Bucket plays on.

Not impressed.

The IRS solo doesn't work either, although I would like to see BH play that in a live setting as well. I know he can, but would like to see it.

Having said that, I have not heard any of those shows in a very very long time, and am in no way , shape, or form ready for a debate regarding 06-07 performances. Anyone interested in going down that route needs to send me some of those shows for a recap.

Oh, and this Delilah Unplugged cd sounds great. From Bumblefoot's website:

Bumblefoot "9.11" CD / Nov 2001

Fundraising CD for disaster relief.  Half-vocal half-instrumental CD featuring Vigier fretless guitar. Guest appearances by guitarists Mattias Eklundh and Dweezil Zappa.I'm definitely gonna check this out as it sounds interesting, and since he did that for charity, I'm gonna buy it.

James

James wrote:

Oh, I don't think he sucks.He just isn't suited for Bucket material. No one is. You cant play like that. While talking to neemo, he does make a good point about what Ron might do on the album regarding the rhythm aspects of it. Having listened to this record, I can see why Axl would let him take a stab at it.

I would also like to take back my "mindless shredding" generalization of his work. He offers other things besides that. He just has to use the relentless shredding because its what he brings to the table that comes remotely close to what Bucket can do.

Board footer