You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Yet another CD rumor

PaSnow wrote:

But if he's part of "Axl's personal production team" 16 I would think he'd be headquartered in the US.  Anyway, I was just trying to add to the disbelief of the crock of sh*t that is that posted rumor. It just reeks of fake from start to finish.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

But if he's part of "Axl's personal production team" 16 I would think he'd be headquartered in the US.  Anyway, I was just trying to add to the disbelief of the crock of sh*t that is that posted rumor. It just reeks of fake from start to finish.

Yeah, I agree. I didn't even mean to get off subject. But there's so many things wrong with this whole "rumor" that it's hard to know where to start disproving it.

i still wanna know how they are going to release a cd in 3 parts 16

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:
Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, I agree. I didn't even mean to get off subject. But there's so many things wrong with this whole "rumor" that it's hard to know where to start disproving it.

First they'll release a clear plastic jewel case.

Second, they release a booklet and CD cover to put in said jewel case.

Third step, quite some time later, they release a CD with 19 songs on it.

That's my guess. big_smile

That or maybe we'll get the first 1/3 of 19 tracks, then the second 1/3 etc.  It could be marketing genius!  Do-it-yourself album.  You could mix and match parts from different songs - it'd be like lego GNR.

All the kids can get together and play "Chinese Democracy," building songs from the blocks.  I bet everyone is gonna fight over who gets to be Axl though....

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

With only 19 songs 14  Unless it's about 19 songs on each of the 3 cd's. Otherwise, that's 6 songs per album. Who are they, early Metallica??

I'll tell you what, if CD had 6 songs on it, I wouldn't buy it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Download-only is a good way for Uni to save $$$.

It's also a good way for them to not make any money.

Granted downloads are a profitable venture in music today, but millions and millions of people paying $15 a CD still means BIG money.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Download-only is a good way for Uni to save $$$.

It's also a good way for them to not make any money.

Granted downloads are a profitable venture in music today, but millions and millions of people paying $15 a CD still means BIG money.

Like i said i wont be too happy if its download only because i like having something substantial in my hands and i would like to see a complete package not just a jpeg of album cover art

or what if my computer craps out? then i dont have it and i gotta buy the damn thing again...also i'd have to get blanks cds so i could burn it and listen i my car...pain in the friggin ass if you ask me...maybe i'm old fashioned but so be it...gimme the real thing not a download

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Agreed. Downloads for me are only worthwhile for albums that I just want to listen to maybe once or twice, but don't really care about beyond that.

Like you said, call me old fashioned, but I still get off on going down to the record store and picking the album up.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Ridiculous on so many levels.

19 tracks over three releases? Really?

Yep...10 on CD1, then 9 on CD2, then a studio CD of fink covering AFD wink 16 13

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Catcher...yeah right 14

Board footer