You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Re: Your opinion on this remark from another poster at another forum

Abbey_Road wrote:

This was posted at mygnr.com

for all we know shacklers revenge could be a throwaway song that has fuck all to do with chinese democracy and it's inclusion in rock band could purely be a marketing ploy to maintain or generate interest.

What do you all think?  Has it been confirmed that the song title is Shackler's revenge or is that just a title so it won't leak?

I kinda think that since Dizzy has now booked dates for October, this CD thing isn't happening this year.  Do you think it still could and what is the last possible time this year it could happen?

And as far as the VMA's go, what if Axl just presented again and GNR didn't perform?  No one has said this could happen instead of a performance.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

anything is possible, and its pretty cliche but it'll happen when it happens

Mysteron said its supposed to be "the first single from CD" and that "Shackler's Revenge is a real GnR track" anything else above and beyond those 2 points is purely speculation

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I think they are actually saying the song could really suck. Which it could. You seem to be interpreting it as a smokescreen (as James would say) and that the song is actually titled something different. It could be either one, hopefully it's just a rocking good song.

CD could be released the last Tuesday of the year, more likely before Christmas or before Thanksgiving. Someone stated last year hip-hop albums tend to sell better in December, Rock albums better in the fall (Sept Oct, hence U2 & Metallica, same as 91 w/UYI).  Dizzy would cancel his shows in a heartbeat. Also, Axl stated last year it would take a minimum of 8 weeks to announce it to get it onto the shelves for sale. So we'd know by about Nov 1st if it's coming out in 08 or not.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

It's possible of course, but if you believe Mysteron--and he's been dead-on about SR so far--it is on CD and intended to be a single.

As far as GNR at the VMAs, anything--including nothing--is possible. I believe they'd be foolish to pass it up though. Sure, they suck, but young people watch by the millions. Captive audience.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

pretty stupid if you ask me

rock band would not take a "throw-away song". it's hard enough for a brand new song as it is to earn it's spot on the list. this song will be great and that's not mindless optimism.

gnr won't make money off of a single alone and i am guessing axl isn't getting paid a ton of money for one song on rock band so common sense would say that they are promoting the album and/or another tour. i don't know if one song on a video game will help them sell seats for a third tour without an album. if anything the fact that their two most relevant guitarists are awol means that they are less likely to tour sooner than later. if anything, the album is coming but the lineup situation is holding up the album. that is if you beleive what axl said on the website.

as far as dizzy - i am already tired of reading about his band. mysteron said they are trying to get the album out this year. russ said it's on uni's release list. nothing official yet so the earliest we woulsd see it is november. what the fuck difference does it make that dizzy is plying a couple of shows in october????????

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
bigbri wrote:

It's possible of course, but if you believe Mysteron--and he's been dead-on about SR so far--it is on CD and intended to be a single.

one other fact that we know ..... BH initially brought the track to the GnR table.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't think you'd put your weakest song on the most popular game out there (besides GTA) that's
going to be a lot of peoples first taste of your album, many of whom wouldn't give a shit other wise.

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:

As others have said, to do that would be incredibly stupid.  A throwaway track is something you should do after an albums release, not before.  That said I think it's on CD.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Just echoing everyone else...

It'd be pretty fuckin' stupid for it to be a throwaway song. Plus Harmonix's people wouldn't be out there telling everyone it's the first new track officially from CD, the first single, etc.

I hate to break it to everyone, but Harmonix doesn't need Axl Rose to sell Rock Band 2. Axl Rose needs Harmonix to sell Chinese Democracy.

It's happening folks. The wheels on the bus are finally moving, and people have been burned so many times by false starts that the real thing is finally happening and they're so jaded they can't see it.

Just like certain people at MyGNR that alter posts to Buckethead, because they still can't accept that he's going to still be on the album, per the words of W. Axl Rose.

And they still deny.

Board footer